• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake Question

kilness

Hopefully someone has an answer to this. When I depress the brake pedal the brakes grab but the brake lights will not come on until I depress the pedal more and by that time I would have locked the wheels up.

I'm wondering if it could be a stop light switch is bad. I've listened for leaks in the lines and can't detect one.

If it matters, this is a M35a3.

I know there are tons of threads about brake problems but, I can't find one that is similar to mine. Thanks in advance for the help.

jimmcld

It's just a pressure switch. If it takes that much pressure to make it operate, then the first thing I would look at is a new pressure switch. A friend of mine has an A3 and his brake lights didn't work at all. He found that the wires had never been plugged into the switch.

The biggest problem I have found with these trucks is that someone else worked on them first!

Fspallino

I'm a new owner of an A3 and maybe I'm doing something wrong with the light switch but I'm not getting any brake lights also. Can anyone tell me where the brake switch is so I can check to see if its working properly ? Thanks guys

steelandcanvas

I'm a new owner of an A3 and maybe I'm doing something wrong with the light switch but I'm not getting any brake lights also. Can anyone tell me where the brake switch is so I can check to see if its working properly ? Thanks guys
The brake light switch should be located on the front of the master cylinder. Feel free to download the TM's for your truck, as there is a lot of good information there. Welcome to the madness, for which there is no cure.
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce-tms/77607-tms-deuce.html