• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake Shoe Adjustment

Loose Deuce

[3]Are there any way to adjust the brake shoes on the Deuce? I had one of the rear hubs off and I didnt see anything to adjust :confused: Not all my brakes are breaking :roll: [/3]

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes the brakes can be adjusted. There is a minor adjustment method and a major adjustment method. Check the -20 manuals for a concise explanation on doing so. It's not tough, just that the manual gives you visual references that I can't here.

Dieselsmoke

Yeah, it's not tough at all, but can be pretty time consuming to get it done right. Once you get them all adjusted right these things will stop on a dime. Well, not really but sort of :roll:

rdixiemiller

Dan
You can download them from the government website, which is slower than Christmas if you don't have high speed internet access. I have downloaded the manuals and put them on a CD, along with a spreadsheet that details which manual covers what items. I think I have 41 manuals on the CD. Send me your address and I will get one out to you. If you like them, you can owe me a favor.
Regards
Robert Miller