• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake Shoe Interchange

RandomThinker

Hello,

Does anyone know of commercial equivalents to the LMTV brake shoes? The ones for sale online seem to be way overpriced compared to similar sized commercial equivalents. Right now to swap brakes using the part numbers in the TM is going to run $800.

Any help appreciated. So far I have found they are meritor 15x5 size but unable to validate fit/function of any other similar looking shoes.

Original PN A1-3222V2232

Thanks
-Nick

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Hello,

Does anyone know of commercial equivalents to the LMTV brake shoes? The ones for sale online seem to be way overpriced compared to similar sized commercial equivalents. Right now to swap brakes using the part numbers in the TM is going to run $800.

Any help appreciated. So far I have found they are meritor 15x5 size but unable to validate fit/function of any other similar looking shoes.

Original PN A1-3222V2232

Thanks
-Nick
I've got some used shoes I can sell you. You can get em relined so you always have an extra set you can get refined and swap them off at needed. Wedge shoes tend to last 100k + miles even with loads on em.

Just find a big truck parts place or clutch repair that relines shoes

Unfortunately meritor/Euclid own the brake market and wedge shoes aren't common as they once were.

RandomThinker

Thanks guys. I found out the brakes are an FMSI 4615D size (stamped on the side). It looks like these specific pads have been modified to have that little semi-circle cutout for inserting feeler gauges. Otherwise they appear the same. I ordered a set of that size off eBay and they seem to match up. I'll be taking a dremel to them and add in the semi-circle feature. They're a LOT cheaper this way!

Also a commercial part number in this size is the Haldex GW4615RWR and you'll need to dremel them out.

Hope this helps anyone else who needs brakes in the future.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks