• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake shoe return spring

MILRET45

It must just be me since I have done several searches and can't find anyone who has had a problem re-installing the deuce brake shoe return spring. I popped the spring off for a wheel cylinder replacement using the larger Lisle spring removal tool with no problem. However the return spring hook falls too short of the attaching hole in the brake shoe to use the slot on the end of the tool handle designed to hold the spring and leverage it back in place.

All other brake parts are installed in normal positions.

I've used a Lisle spring plier on smaller vehicles with less spring tension with no problem.

DatGuyC

I just used a decently thick flathead screw driver to take them off and put them back on. Put the spring hook on the shaft, put the tip in the hole where the hook is supposed to sit, and push out with the handle of the screw driver so the spring hook slides down and into the hole. Took me a couple tries usually but it worked for doing all three axles on my truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks