• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake spring

Thompsona3

Hi I'm replacing a caliper on my m1028. Anyone know any tricks for getting the spring back in? I know it goes under the bracket but I'm havering trouble getting it to go on any advice would be helpful thanks.

cucvrus

Put the caliper back up in there at the top. And use a screwdriver or a pry bar to hold it up in place. Put some grease on the bar and spring bar and tap it into place. You do need that it will be loose without the spring tightening bar. Align the bottom bar with the allen bolt hole and adjust from there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks