• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brakes and Steering make a lot of noise

Runaway998

I have a 998 and when I hold my brakes down or steer I get this loud whining noise. I figured it was the power steering pump for the steering but it steers great and even stops great. Its just a loud whine. I was going to replace the steering pump. Im just not sure im in the right track. Any opinions?

papakb

Look in the -20 manual and follow the flow chart on how to make sure all the air is out of the steering system. With the front end off the ground you need to run the steering from lock to lock about 40 times holding it at the ends of travel for a few seconds each time. Make sure to keep the reservoir full and if it's foaming let it settle before continuing.

I'd also recommend not driving until you identify the problem.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks