• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brakes do not release

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
OK, front service glad hand has a vent on the cover and I know it is stuck closed. When using brakes they will not release unless the cover is removed. Is this normal and is the check valve vent the only problem? Why is there pressure there at all?
Tom

Ronmar

yes, its normal. both the front glad hands need to be vented. What happens is a little air leaks past the 2way check valves into the service glad hand line when you step on the brakes. If it is capped, that line then becomes a storage "tank". When you let off the pedal, that storage now becomes an air source. It flips the two way check and supplies the output which is the service brakes, keeping them engaged at that pressure, until enough air leaks off to release the brakes...

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
OK, with the service side open everything works normally, didn't even notice any air until I put the 2 glad hands on and plumbed them back up with covers in place.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks