• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brakes locked-in driveway!!

Boatcarpenter

Was curious because when I bled my brakes I didn't get any purple. The sticker on the underside of the master cyl. access had a sticker that said only to use silicone so I figuered the Mil. stuff was the brownish/yellow and not purple like the civvie stuff.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Back to the air pack rebuild! About how much time is required to rebuild the unit once its on the kitchen counter? Also, is there any difference in the airpacks over the years? I have 3 here to chose from and the rebuild kit just arrived. I've got a new master cylinder already so now its a matter of getting the 5 rubber hoses and the rebuild kits for the wheel cylinders. This is all for the wrecker and its getting all the steel lines replaced as well. If there's one thing I've learned is don't take shortcuts on deuce braking systems.

Boatcarpenter

4X4, I didn't really rebuild it. When I took it apart it was full of funny globules of oil and grease but I could not find any bad seals, felts, weak springs, etc. For me it was just a thorough cleaning and then put it back together, no new parts. The kitchen counter will be a mess but you can probably get the whole job done really nicely in just 2/3 hrs. As you are well aware, just remember how things come apart and don't let the twin coil springs in there get away like I did. I do have a few pics that I took to remind me how things went because my repair was spread out over a long time. I could post them with a few notes if you get mixed up. Being quite newbie at this I can't be any help in the difference over the years, but I can tell you I have seen ones that look similar but with slight differences on ebay. Some of the real experts will have to help you there. Good luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks