• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

brakes locking up

Mcallen

I purchased a 2003, 2.5ton LMTV. After driving the truck for a few minutes the rear brakes lock up. It will not roll in neutral and I have the maxie brake released. There are no air leaks and air pressure is normal. I disconnected the anti lock brake controller and no difference. Any help would be appreciated.

branr1

Remove the blue glad handle located behind the center of the front bumper then replace it. These handles should be vented if not your brake system will build pressure as you use your brakes and eventually they stick. If they are vented but removing the handle fixes the problem I'd suspect the vent in the handle is blocked off.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks