• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brakes - Noise coming from under hood - airline?

NorthWoodsDuce

I've searched and can't find anything on this, maybe airpack rebuild? When I shut the truck off I can hear a "gurgling/bubbling" noise coming from under the hood. When I checked to see where it was coming from, I found a copper tube running up from the passenger side framerail along the back side of the firewall. It has a fitting on the end of it, but nothing connected to it. It sounds like air is leaking out of it, when I push the brake pedal with the truck off it pulls brake fluid (i think brake fluid) out of that tube and dumps it onto my exaust pipe below. Any ideas? Also curious what the fitting ontop of the brake fuild resivour is for?

And I did look at the sticky on airpack rebuild and at my TM's, but still a little confused! :)

Thanks!

acetomatoco

That is your Master Cylinder fording vent on the top of the MC. If it is blocked your system will be constipated.

NorthWoodsDuce

So just disconnect the lines and clean them out? Just curious why brakefluid is coming out of that line? It sounds as if air is leaking inside the airpack also..? I can post pic if that would be helpful to ensure i'm explaining it right. Thanks!

acetomatoco

Air pak may have a fault also, I was just addressing the MC cover vent. Lots of folks just put a differential vent in the hole in the MC cover if they plan on no extended fording...

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it is pumping BF out the blowby tube, that means the M/C vent is still plumbed to the BB tube. There is a problem. Nothing that repairing the air pak won't fix.

NorthWoodsDuce

BB Tube? The same tube that branches off to the top of the master cylinder goes to another brake part (can't remember exactly where it goes, and not close to my truck right now) Is the brake fluid probably coming from the other part? (maybe the airpack..) or from the top of the master cylinder?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks