• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brakes REALLY touchy

springbok

My 998 has really really touchy brakes, it only takes 1/2" tops for them to engage.
So far I have yet to see a solution. My major issue is that the brake lights do not come on.
The switch is adjusted back as far as it can be..
Anyone have this issue, a solution ?
Thanks

MaverickH1

Mine was similar. In order to change it I ended up having to add washers between the switch and the mounting flange to essentially place the switch further from the brake pedal's linkage point. Doing this brought it back to the window where you could adjust it to be in and out.

Even after making it perfect, the next week it had gone out of adjustment and I only got brake lights if the brakes were essentially locked. I adjusted it again last night and it seems to be doing okay. I don't know why it went out of adjustment. All bolts were still tight, but the linkage does have a tendency to loosen up with those flaky push washers that hold it, so it may have gotten loose because of that.

I had just replaced this brake switch due to the last one failing, and it may exhibit the same symptom's you're talking about to a larger degree. I had a thread on it in this forum. If it passes continuity and voltage testing and still fails to send amperage to the bulbs but it does send enough amperage if you manipulate it just right, replace the switch.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks