• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Braking kills the lights

Jim832904

Touch the brake pedal and all of the lights go out. The breaker resets and lights come on. Will repeat consistently. Have looked for bared wires , have removed and tried without brake light bulbs. Cant find a cause. Everything I can see looks ok. What can I try next? M929-A2.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Touch the brake pedal and all of the lights go out. The breaker resets and lights come on. Will repeat consistently. Have looked for bared wires , have removed and tried without brake light bulbs. Cant find a cause. Everything I can see looks ok. What can I try next? M929-A2.
Does it do it with the turn signals on? Like throws the breaker, If not look for the brake light switch to be shorted out or the wires to and from it.

Drivers side inner frame well just to the rear of the fuel tank

https://youtu.be/ggxfblpk56k

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Thanks! Unplugged the switch and lights are staying on. !00% offroad use so it's fixed.
Good deal.
Switch is available thru napa for not much. Found in the parts spreadsheet in the 5 ton stickies

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks