• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brand New M35A3 super-single wheels!

Twinpinion

I was told $600-$800 each. Depending on quantity. 50-100 wheels is not alot to them apparently. But, when you look ath what you are getting it's a good deal. You get not only super single wheels, you get double beadlocks and a runflat with the possiblity of running CTIS (if you can actually get ahold of the related axle parts and so on). So, when compared to regular 'ol 15-inch 4x4 wheels, which cost up to and over 200% more with only a single beadlock it starts to make sense. But if you don't wheel your Deuce hard off-road then you don't need beadlocks or a runflat so this is not a good option. You simply get what you pay for. You can't compare this wheel to a regular old wider wheel with the right backspacing to run singles. That's like comparing a NASCAR racer to the Lumina in your driveway.

devilman96

Ok I am calling shenanigans on this one...

I had to ask twice and the reply I received was... "Mike, Not interested in having our information posted to Steel Soldiers web page. Thanks"

Kinda annoying especially when I never mentioned SS, on line, web, or anything else... I only asked for a price on M35A3 wheels...

Also annoying because I pretty much have everything for my truck down to 2 full sets of 395's but I don't have wheels yet... I am trying like all get out to avoid USSR 6X6 so I am searching for options and needless to say I know where ELSE not to buy wheels from...

And guys... To each ether own and so on... But can you not prostitute out the SS name when trying to buy from a vendor!!! I don't know how Mike or Chris and whom ever else feels about it but as just a member of the community I was pretty taken back by the reply.

Twinpinion

devilman96 said:
Ok I am calling shenanigans on this one...

I had to ask twice and the reply I received was... "Mike, Not interested in having our information posted to Steel Soldiers web page. Thanks"

Kinda annoying especially when I never mentioned SS, on line, web, or anything else... I only asked for a price on M35A3 wheels...

Also annoying because I pretty much have everything for my truck down to 2 full sets of 395's but I don't have wheels yet... I am trying like all get out to avoid USSR 6X6 so I am searching for options and needless to say I know where ELSE not to buy wheels from...

And guys... To each ether own and so on... But can you not prostitute out the SS name when trying to buy from a vendor!!! I don't know how Mike or Chris and whom ever else feels about it but as just a member of the community I was pretty taken back by the reply.
I donno. He did seem like a pretty crotchety guy when I talked to him. He also sounded like he would rather sell 6,000 instead of six wheels, but he was still willing to sell them. Kinda odd that he changed his tune. Probably got sick of phone calls, sounds like he works out of his house or something. Oh well. Sorry 'bout that. Maybe if he get's blasted with requests he'll sell 'em. Oh, and I never even mentioned the site. Just figured I'd put up his info for others. They were out of my league.

mudguppy

originally, i planned to acquire some A3 wheels for my 395s. when that proved impossible, my only other option (so i thought) was some wheels from www.stazworks.com. this guy used to be tied into USA 6x6 but they had some falling out (or so the story goes). anyway, he seems to have better products and prices. BUT, i still want A3s if i can get 'em.

but you're right - $6 to $800 is a lot of cash for *each*. :shock:

so who's got wheels for sale? :lol:

citizensoldier

Wheels

I priced out some of these bead lock wheels from Oshkosh equipement in Wisconsin. He told me $1200.00 a piece! So 6 to 800 is not bad but more than I will spend considering when you add it up I can buy two more trucks..

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Wheels

Seeing how Im an SS member, I wont refer the State OMS shop manager to the fact that this guy has the tires/rims they are lookng for...... He was looking to refurb 100+ trucks with them.. Oh well, Alex looses out.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
mudguppy said:
... i planned to acquire some A3 wheels for my 395s.
Keep in mind that the A3 wheels are built for the 14.5R20 MPT (equiv. metric size is 365/80R20). As far as I know, the 395s are not MPT. So the specified wheel would be 10.0-20, not 11x20.The difference is not only the width but also the height and shape of the bead flange.
For comparison see the specs in the chart below. (Source: Tech. Adviser from CONTI)
Also some pics of my own solution to the super single tire/wheel affair.

Not ideal but possible: to mount std. tires on MPT rims.
DO NOT mount MPT tires on std. rims!

Gerhard

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks