• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brands of Wheel Cylinders? which one to get?

silveradohd39

So for safety reasons, I am looking to change out all the wheel cylinders on my M35A2. I have done one in the past, but I think its time to get them all out of the way. Question is: Ive seen several makes and brands of these, a lot of them are chinese or Korean made. What brands are out there? how do you identify the good ones? and do you know of a good source to buy them from? your advice/help is appreciated,
Thanks guys

AceHigh

I have 2, 1 is a Midland, made in USA, came in a colorful box but stripped, just the cylinder with a bleeder. The other is in a plain white box, no idea where it was made or who made it but it has a bag full of mounting hardware.

I think one came from Erik's and one from Saturn maybe? I do not remember.

Attachments

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have 2, 1 is a Midland, made in USA, came in a colorful box but stripped, just the cylinder with a bleeder. The other is in a plain white box, no idea where it was made or who made it but it has a bag full of mounting hardware.

I think one came from Erik's and one from Saturn maybe? I do not remember.
Erik's sell American made Midland brand cylinders. Good stuff.

stumps

Some of the guys on SS have reported finding incorrect springs installed inside of the leaking wheel cylinders on their deuces. The springs they found were square shouldered, not tapered.

I have included a couple of pictures of one of the kits I got from OD Iron (with the correct springs)

I am pretty sure that the incorrect springs didn't get installed by the factory (Kaiser/Jeep/GP/AMG...), but rather were hidden away in some of the complete wheel cylinders the government bought. Before I installed any new wheel cylinder, I would take it apart and verify that it is high quality.

-Chuck

Attachments