• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

BRDM2 cost shipped to the US?

kcimb

Curious..I have been saving money for about 3 years waiting for a deal to happen. Perhaps some importer brought a few over and needs to liquidate them?

B3.3T

Depends upon many factors. Where is it located, and what is the port of destination? Does it run? Are you using a RORO?

Stalwart

Earl isn't known for having the best prices but I've found him to be honest. I spoke with him almost 10 years ago when his Corporation and myself sued ATF.

kcimb

Earl isn't known for having the best prices but I've found him to be honest. I spoke with him almost 10 years ago when his Corporation and myself sued ATF.
Unfortunately :-( you are right on the prices, perhaps with the economy as such he will be willing to move some stuff at a discount. Who knows.

B3.3T

If you want to save money, why on earth would you hire someone to do what you can do yourself? I've imported 12 armor vehicles. It's not rocket science.

tatra813

If you want to save money, why on earth would you hire someone to do what you can do yourself? I've imported 12 armor vehicles. It's not rocket science.

What is the basic process? Do you just get a customs broker and they take care of all of it?

B3.3T

Very simple.
1. File an ATF Form 6 on the vehicle you wish to import. It's free and seldom any problem.
2. Upon approval- usually 90 days- the vehicle can be shipped. The seller must have export approval at his end. In the UK, it is just a technicality. Have the seller be certain the vehicle is clean of any mud. Actual shipping time is about two weeks.
3. Upon arrival at US port, a Customs Broker of your choice handles the filing, using your approved Form 6. Once cleared, you're good to go.

Over the past ten years, importing any weapons has changed to the point of "Can't do it" In other words, no longer can a deactivated cannon be imported no matter how much is deactivated. In the past ten years it has gone from deactivated with a cut breech, to no breech at all with a drilled barrel, to now with no breech and no barrel. So make sue the seller does no include ANY part of a weapon except the mount, no smoke dischargers, and no dummy rounds either.

kcimb

B33T,

some questions of mine I came up with while mulling decisions.

who is the customs broker, how much do they cost?

Port fees amount to?

Ever hear of Duncan Nicholson of tanksforsale.co.uk?

On the ATF forms it says "not to be used by military personnel". Why is that? I'm reserve Marine Corps. Hopefully it's not a disqualifier.

Vehicle can move under it's own power. Shipping is 3000$ usd.

warewolf

If you're not afraid of repainting it by yourself, you should be able to buy one in Central Europe in very good mechanical condition for 7, maybe 8k USD. But then you would have to repaint him by yourself. And it's a real pain in the ass to do the inside. I have no idea about the shipping costs.
For example: P.W. Motodemont- BRDM-2 - price for them is ~5500 USD, but they have not been in use for few years now.

USSR

The price for BRDM depends on the level of storage (in the USSR was 5 levels of storage: 1,2,3,4,5). Repaint the car is not difficult. Harder it will be - if the engine or water cannon is broken, if the tires need a new ... There are still moments ....
Delivery to any large port costs $ 4000-6000 (depending on the time of delivery)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks