• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Break the rules and get banned?

Break the rules and get banned?

• Yes

Votes: 46 47.9%
  • No

Votes: 50 52.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan77

I think repeat offenders should be banned! Not some dude that has 3 post and just doesn't know but they also should read the rules! And spelling im not the best at spelling or grammar but most computers have spell check so there's not really a excuse! If a dumb plumber like me can spell anyone can!!!!!2cents

KsM715

Kenny, I feel your pain. I felt the same way about a year ago when the GL rule was getting hammerd. The best advice I have is; If you want to keep your blood pressure low and not make a bunch of people on this site hate you, is just let it go, let a mod see it and deal with it. Unless its a blatent rule breaker, I'll say something there and also hit the report post button.

harleyhouse

Shame on me!

Hello:

My name is Mark Harley and I am Kenny's focus of this topic.
I signed on in June and have under 20 posts, I signed on to SS for information on Military trailers. A small subject as there is not much activity there.

I posted that I had a set of rails for a M101A2 and was hoping to see if someone on SS was looking to trade or get them for cheap.

KENNY, pointed out to me I was a rule breaker so I removed the post and sat in the corner all this time. I am waiting for the sour taste of SS to dissipate, and I will post more on my trailer build.

I am a poster on Expedition Portal, IH8-MUD, O Gauge RR, and several other sites. There are icons you can hit to remove others posts if not deemed fit or in violation. I would have just done that!

I did read the rules when I signed on and did break the 100 post rule.
I AM SORRY!

Can someone remove the nails so I can come down now?

Mark Harley

Attachments

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Hello:
I signed on in June and have under 20 posts, I signed on to SS for information on Military trailers. A small subject as there is not much activity there.
I posted that I had a set of rails for a M101A2 and was hoping to see if someone on SS was looking to trade or get them for cheap.
KENNY, pointed out to me I was a rule breaker so I removed the post and sat in the corner all this time. I am waiting for the sour taste of SS to dissipate, and I will post more on my trailer build.
I am a poster on Expedition Portal, IH8-MUD, O Gauge RR, and several other sites. There are icons you can hit to remove others posts if not deemed fit or in violation. I would have just done that!
I AM SORRY!
Mark Harley
Well... I don't think I can forgive you til you explain why ya painted the trailer RED:shock:

Attachments

harleyhouse

Why RED?

I painted the trailer RED to match my 2002 GMC 2500HD.
and the wheels are the same as the truck so I don't need to carry a
spare. A matching camping trailer is a must with my group.

Here are some pictures of them.

Attachments

shenkmen

You should have painted the GMC to match the trailer.

Why do you continue to post? Aren't you in time out?:)

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!

HH, I'd like more info on those trailer mounted tents. I think I want one, but the price has kept me away. How do you like them?

harleyhouse

They are great!
There is room for 2 adults and 2 small kids is all,
Like a pop up camper fast set up and off the ground.
I am in the process of making a rack for the new trailer.

The cheapest one I have seen is $1000,00 shipped.
More options more money. and they all seem to ship from California.
Shipping alone is $200.00 to Pennsylvania.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
OK... I forgive ya now:beer:
Actually your truck/trailer/camper set looks pretty darn good!!:driver:

KsM715

Hello:

I AM SORRY!

Mark Harley

Dont worry about it. everybody (my self included) on this site has broken the rules at one point or another.

Kenny may have been the one to point out the rule to you but I really doubt that you are the focus of this thread. Kennys point is that lately there have been many, many lurkers that say they have been lurking and reading but then they still break the rules or ask the same questions anyways. (a2 vs a3 or "I cant post a classified so I'll just sell it in the forums"). When your on the site every day, it gets old and tiresome to read the same thing over and over and over.

Dont take it personally, you broke a rule, got told about it and corrected it. Thats the way it should be done. Its the ones that keep doing it or get an attitude right of the bat that need a "few days off".

kennys@wi.rr.com

This is very true, he was not the focus of my rant, mearly the straw that sent me to the keyboard. I will give him credit in the fact that when he was told there was a problem he didn't whine and complain, he took it like a man and removed the post. In my book that gives a person more points over the guys that just complain about the rules being stoopid. It's not a question of if we agree with the rules or not, they are there and we all are to follow them, new and old alike.

Greg, I hope I pushed it to 7 for you.

Dont worry about it. everybody (my self included) on this site has broken the rules at one point or another.

Kenny may have been the one to point out the rule to you but I really doubt that you are the focus of this thread. Kennys point is that lately there have been many, many lurkers that say they have been lurking and reading but then they still break the rules or ask the same questions anyways. (a2 vs a3 or "I cant post a classified so I'll just sell it in the forums"). When your on the site every day, it gets old and tiresome to read the same thing over and over and over.

Dont take it personally, you broke a rule, got told about it and corrected it. Thats the way it should be done. Its the ones that keep doing it or get an attitude right of the bat that need a "few days off".

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kenny, your poll is invalid.. This is not a democracy, it's a private website and the members do not make the rules. Break the rules, and you will be banned (or worse...)

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And heaven forbid if an OP (from another thread, not this one) doesn't like the fact that you point out that they didn't use search first.............

:)

Last edited:

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kenny, your poll is invalid.. This is not a democracy, it's a private website and the members do not make the rules.
What he said.

I spent two days reading before I ever posted anything. Was well worth my time. I still broke the rules/annoyed a mod a time or three, got smacked, got over it.

The noise to signal ratio on this site is pretty good and I appreciate it.

I am pretty annoyed by the spurious thread starts and like it when they get deleted.

Deletion of the thread, a timeout, and a polite and informative message about why that all came to pass would be a great teaching tool.

But, as Head of Dog pointed out, I don't get a vote and that's OK.

If I don't like it I can go spend a bunch of money and time to start my own MV forum. Or not.

I think things are pretty well run here as it is. Doubt I could do better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks