• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

breaker blows after truck runs for a while

waterplayr

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi everyone,
Same line as many and thanks for the help from those that have been enjoying these trucks for a while. I bought my first M923a1. When I got it I had two batteries that were being shorted out by the seat frame when someone sat in passenger seat. Fixed that problem plus installed 2 new batteries. Now everything works until the truck runs for 15 minutes or more. Then I see the battery charging gauge go into the red. If I shut it down there is no power. So I know one of the breakers is blowing. Anyone experience this before and know where to look besides checking every line on the truck? After the breaker resets I can fire up the truck again.
Thanks to anyone who can help.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You might ask a mod to move this to the 5 ton forum.

It sounds like to me that you possibly blew the voltage regulator in the alt or the alt itself when you had the battery ground out issue. Does the alt get red hot?

There are 2 circuit breakers on the firewall next to the pcb box. Do you know which one is tripping? I suspect it would also be hot to the touch?

The protective control box is also supposed to protect the system from reverse wiring. Maybe the pcb box is acting up?

The newer series -23 tm manuals are posted here :) and they have excellent step by step troubleshooting flow charts.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I moved your thread from the "Forums tips and tricks", which is for helpful advice on how to use the forum itself, to the "5-ton" section.

Good luck with your electrical issue.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks