• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Breakfast at 57th Fighter Group

dangeroustyz

7 more days bro. Looks like more steel will be there than at my little event...:neutral:. Its kool tho. I know now i got to plan ahead and have a great friend like you by my side to make my next event BIG. Too bad you dont live closer.. See you soon buddy.....8)

TMNT

The weather forecast is still calling for high 60's and sunny. It should be a really nice day for it. I might even take the top off. I'm really looking forward to it. I plan on spending some time on Saturday getting the truck ready and we'll see you there.

dangeroustyz

Tested a post for a july get together. So far no response. Do steel owners only bring them out once a year in october or what? Me i wana drive mine as much as possible. What do you think? Do I need to just cruise solo

TMNT

Don't let it get to you. There's a lot of reasons. Fuel cost a lot; people have crazy work schedules; family commitments. Ask me how I know.

I know I also do handgun combat training and drills and I'm an active lifetime member of the FJCruiser forum. In other words, I have a lot of other commitments.

Most folks work on their trucks most of the year to get ready for the SSGR in October. There's a lot of maintenance to do on these trucks: Oil, filters, gear lube, grease, gaskets, seals, adjustments, bulbs, wiring. Besides, have you driven your deuce in July yet? When it's 95 and sunny, it'll be 140 in the cab of your truck. Short trips are ok but an hour or more in traffic will really wipe you out.

I do a lot of short solo runs around town to get my deuce fix. If you get the itch, come on over to Canton. We'll grab some wings and an adult beverage or two.

zout

Been trying to decide which of the 4 Grandsons I wanted to bring because I am not bringing all 5 of them.
So instead of bringing any (due to them whailing on me with a base ball bat when I sleep) I am coming alone.

Will be in the POV as I have as you mentioned above a committment in the garage I need to keep hammering on so
I can get that WC up here before you know who decides to pawn it off on someone else. So after eating a lucious meal over
there I have to jump back into the garage.

Intentional BUMP as well.

TMNT

I'll be bringing my 12 year old son. I tried to get my brother to come with us, but he's anxious to get out in his boat with the nicer weather.

Looking forward to seeing you there.

TMNT

Zout, thanks for putting that out there. I had forgotten about DST!

Everybody bump your clocks forward an hour Saturday night and don't be late Sunday morning!

dangeroustyz

Zout if you wana rYde with me, I would be glad to swing by and get you after i meet Caines in buford. If not maybe we can follow you back so i can get an idea of where you live. Easier to find come cook out time and id love to check out the toyz your working on. Let me know. Tmnt, did you get betty cleaned up? Kinda raining now. Ill clean up 'the bitch' saturday. Weekend forcast looks pretty good. Maybe i will be able to drain fuel filter and do alittle mainteness on her. Tmnt i may be calling you for some ideas. Thanks again guys.8)

zout

I am way South of Bufford to have you "swing by" - but after chow I bet I could put your arse to work with what I have going on.

Bring a Drooling Towel with you.

The 57 is not really that far from me is just down that way - and kinda kitty corner up a little that way - then just looks for planes that
you wish you could be jumping out of - except them jet things - but I hear someone did it a long time ago with lots of cha ching to live off from.

Besides that - I think I have half a gallon of Crown left but do not tell PB

TMNT

Dangerous, it's a good time over at Zout's. Just don't turn your back on him, or bend over in front of him, or fall asleep around him.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As usual the ga contingency of SS rocks:). Everyone have a great time. Not sure my schedule Saturday given the fact I have done nothing but work since the rally but looking forward to cookout at Zouts in April

dangeroustyz

Checked out menu on-line. Im fasting now so i can have room for all the tastey food. And save room for Zout dessert. Tmnt i'm cleaning up 'the bitch' 2morrow. Meeting Caines sunday AM then rumblin down. Kinda bring back memories. My grandmother use to live down that way. I havent been there since i was a kid. Zout, dont forget I got you covered. As long as you order anything off the $1.00 menu. Tmnt you and I gota talk about you F.A.T. sir. Im interested. As long as its not in vegas. Maybe you can show me alittle something here at home.

dangeroustyz

Tried to bleed fuel filters today. Nothing came out. Pigfoot said my filters may need replacing. Guess thats the next step. Caines is back in town so we are meeting up in am and rallying down. If all goes well we will see you there.:burn:

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just finished going over my A3. I'll be leavig at 0700 and meeting up with Dangeroustyz at Exit 4 on I-985 at 0930 and coming on down together. Should be a good time.

zout

SO - meet there with the new time is 10:00 right - if not I will re-look in the am to check - otherwise this big baby is going to bed.

TMNT

1000 EDT

I plan on being there a bit early so the boys can look around.

I did a thorough pre-ride and Loki85 showed up just in time to help me get a missing pivot bolt replaced on the DC generator on my deuce. She's ready to go now.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Not going to make it. Got something in my eye yesterday and I'm laid up until I can go to an Ophthalmologist tomorrow. Apparently in this Country you can buy lampshades at 3am but healthcare runs on bankers hours. Swell.