• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bridge truck wheels and spacers

m139h2otruck

Since this question has come up a few times, I decided to get some pictures showing how the spacers work on the bridge truck axles (with the hubs flipped). Sunday I took one of the old tire/wheel assemblies apart since it had a slow leak anyway to show the real deep offset that the bridge truck wheels have. Back spacing on these 20x10 wide wheels is 14.5 inches measured from the face of the wheel mounting flat on the inside.

The newest driver is trying out the seat.

Attachments

m139h2otruck

We have, between the three trucks, 32 1400x20 tires, 32 20x10 bridge truck wheels, 2 1400Rx20 XL tires that are usable and 2 XL's that would only be good for spares. Would really like to get 8 combat rims and 4ea 85-90% XL tires. Want to install combat rims on the front of the H2O truck and use the original wheels in back, all with 1400Rx20 tires. The M812A1 will have all combat rims and 1600Rx20 tires. To use the combat rims, on the front, will have to take the spacers out of the hubs, or the width will be too wide and mess with the bearings.

m139h2otruck

I have never been able to get accurate dimensions for the "standard" rims used on most M54/M800 series trucks w/ duals. It is my understanding that 1400x20 tires require 10" wide wheels, which the bridge truck rims are (see picture). If "standard" rims are 9" or 9.5", 1400 tires might fit. Don't quote me on that. Anyone know what size rims were used with the 1200x20 tires on the wrecker/tractors? What size rims were used on the M44(?) single wheeled cargo trucks early in the production run of the series and were the hubs flipped?

m139h2otruck

Still looking for any help with dimensions of the "standard" wheels for the 5 ton series trucks. Would like to get the actual wheel width (not the across the rim dimension, which will be wider) and the back spacing like my photo above.

Thanks

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Garden variety 5-ton wheels are designed to use up to a 12.00 tire.

Same thing on every G744 except bridge trucks and maybe some missile carriers.

14.00's will go on, but are pinched so they prematurely wear out in the center. They also will pop cords sometimes if loaded heavily.

DG

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks