• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bringing it home

Coriolis2K

OK, not sure what I was thinking, but on a whim I purchased a M35A2 from a GL auction. Now the fun begins :lol:

The auction website says [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica] "General Products M35A2 2.5 ton 6x6 cargo truck with win[/FONT]"[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]1971 [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]ch. Powered by a 6-cylinder LDT-465 Multifuel engine driving through a five-speed manual overdrive transmission and two-speed transfer case. Odometer reads 07021 miles with 1935 hours of operation. Vehicle equipped with 10,000-pound capacity, PTO-driven self-recovery winch. With heater and built cargo cover. Starts with jump. Sat in yard 3+ year"

I need to go pick it up this coming week and would like to know from others if there is anything special I should be aware of. I am thinking of driving it the 150 miles home, but if others with experience have suggestions I will certainly listen. Would anyone know if a 2009 F-250 super duty diesel would be able to tow this thing home on a trailer??

Thanks a ton......or should I say 2.5 ton!rofl

Sorry, could not resist.
[/FONT]

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Welcome to the madness.:cookoo:

Most of your questions can be addressed by using the Search function.

If you just won the vehicle I hope you have filled out the EUC paperwork and sent it in.

You have a limited time to do this. The vehicle will not be released to you until it is done and if it is not done the sale will be voided, the truck relisted and your GL account will be charged a default fee. They will lock the account until the situation is resloved to their liking.

Unless something has changed radically you will not be picking up the vehicle next week.

If you are a first time GL buyer an EUC can take from several days to a couple of months to clear....and that is if you fill it out correctly and don't have to do revisions. You should have been sent a link from GL that will walk you through the EUC form.

It will have to faxed or a signed copy emailed to the number or address provided....you will also need a very good copy of your Drivers Licence scanned in and sent to GL.

The EUC process is prob the most frustrating aspect of buying from GL......you will have to undergo a background check (done at a gooberment agency in Battlecreek, MI).....all kinds of things can impact the EUC being delayed......changes of address, bad phone numbers, information that doesn't match up.......it is a process and you have to bear with it.

An F250 will pull a deuce provided you have a gooseneck trailer with good brakes ( min 26 feet, twin axle, dual tires) and the know how of pulling heavy loads.

Depending on where you bought it you may or may not have any assistance in getting it up on the trailer if it won't start. If it has been sitting three years I would bet it has some issues (brakes, contaminated fuel, electrical........).

Yor best bet is to get in contact with SS members in your area and get some assistance.....this is the best MV forum out there and is filled with knowlegeable folks that are ready, willing and able to help those others afflicted with "Green Iron Fever".

Good luck.

Last edited:

Coriolis2K

Wreckerman,
Thanks for the info!! I won the truck Friday while in Vegas for meetings, so I am working on filling out the EUC today.....I believe I have 3 business days to do this. I guess I will need to check with the site to figure out the load out stuff as it states I have 10 days to remove the property but if it take weeks to get the EUC done then this might be an issue.

Thanks again for all the info and I will make sure to "search" more before posting a common question.

micmccon

My EUC took about 8 days to come back. I had mine delivered to my house and have been waiting for my SF-97 for 2-3 weeks now. Things happen slowly after all the auction frenzy dies down so be patient. At least you can tinker with it once you get it home and begin waiting for the title to arrive. BTW, you have to request the title as they don't automatically send you one and then you have to hope your state will accept the title as a valid title so you can get plates, etc. FUN FUN FUN! Good luck!

roscoe

Wreckerman,
Thanks for the info!! I won the truck Friday while in Vegas for meetings, so I am working on filling out the EUC today.....I believe I have 3 business days to do this. I guess I will need to check with the site to figure out the load out stuff as it states I have 10 days to remove the property but if it take weeks to get the EUC done then this might be an issue.

Thanks again for all the info and I will make sure to "search" more before posting a common question.[/QUOTE

Thats ten days AFTER you EUC clears. So just get the EUC part done and your OK. Use the chat on GL if you have problems and to check and make sure they get everything they needed. As far as picking up the deuce - you will find people on ss very helpful in seeing you get home with it. Congratulations and keep us posted.

randygk

My deuces took 3 months for EUC to clear for first time. Good idea to start planning now. Having it hauled = no insurance, don't have to start it, no DMV / LEO hassles, if it breaks down no towing charges, don't have to deal with your state driver license requirements.
Driving it home = an adventure
Truck weighs about 13,000 lbs empty

PS You must have an appt with GL to pick up the truck. I had to pay two truck haulers about 4 hrs each waiting to get deuces loaded at GL. GL calims trucks were late showing up, truck co claims they were on time and GL held them up. just a little added info

Jimma

If you go to get it be prepared, read post on here about it. Take fuel, tools, batteries since it may not have any or if it does bad ones, plenty of patience, and some helpers. Also since it will be summer take a can of wasp spray, they seem to love parked military vehicles.

PUZZLED

get you a glad hand/ air chuck - start her up, air up the tires, check the fluids, and head on home. Mine wasn't in the best of shape, but all the important stuff hadn't leaked out yet and she came home 185 miles just fine

Flyingvan911

My EUC took almost 6 months. My advice is research, research, research. The deuce is very cool but it is also alot of work to be sure it's in tip-top shape. It is not an ordinary vehicle, both in appearance and maintenance.

Have an experienced person check out the truck as soon as you are able so you can make plans to pick it up. You don't want any suprises. You might be able to drive it home or you might not.

Clay James

My first EUC for my M35A2 took 2 months before I contacted them and finally got it cleared. My second for my M109A3 took 12 days. Get prepared immediately but prepare for a long wait. I had to scramble to get trucking figured out on the second one because I never expected it to clear so fast.

tbone69

my 1st EUC took less than 3 weeks so be prepared. haul it if you can, it's worth the peace of mind and cheaper if things go wrong. Sparta has a loading dock, people who will help and are flexable to work with time wise.

cookeemann

My first EUC took about 14 days so they've apparently hired some new bodies now that the hiring freeze/furlough is not a threat (or something).

Read up on other's recoveries and it'll give you a real world idea of what to expect.

I'm recovering one this week (M109) and one next week and will post the recovery in "Anybody win at Ft Riley".

Welcome and good luck Brother![thumbzup]