• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bringing my M1009 home

mf5129

if it is screeching there is a clearence problem with the starter there is a .015 clearence.running it will break the bolts and may cause a headache to remove the stubs.an aftermarket starter is better than the old delco unit.good suv with a little tlc.i have three of them.

davidkroberts

Also, the two antenna mounts, the radio mount, and the circle thing on the front bumper is coming off - don't want them or need them. I do need three shackles.

EDIT: The pintle is going as well. I want a regular Class III hitch and the license plate to go where it should so I won't be needing it.

if you go to harbor freight and get the 2" ball/pintel combo mount (35 dollars)it will mount in the same holes used to mount the military pintel hitch perfectly. No drilling required.

Whitey

Looks good man. Having it start is a huge plus, however door dings are a pain. I'm sure someone will want the antenna mounts and bridge plate as many (maybe half) in recent sales in the mid-Atlantic have been missing them. Now it's time for some muddin vids!

Timber

The pintle, radio and antenna mounts aren't really for sale, I'd rather trade them for the shackles that I need.

Those door dents will look MUCH better soon. You'd be surprised how much will come out when you remove the door panel and work it from the backside.:wink: