• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bringing old and faded door panels back to life

rodent

Here's a neat tip to restore the door panels. Clear paint. I used gloss since thats all I had laying around but I'd suggest a semi gloss.

Before:
20180208_203732.jpg

After
20180208_204727.jpg

DREDnot

That clear coat is a good idea.

Mine was missing the door panels altogether. I found a set of blue ones and painted them with Rustoleum Satin Dark Brown. Seemed like a perfect match.

DSCN1964.jpgDSCN1950.jpg

Did the dash as well.
DSCN2684.jpg

GREENMV

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Years ago I cleaned my door panel's with a scotch bright pad, then wiped down with acetone. I sprayed them with Rustoleum primer then sprayed with Rustoleum satin black and they have held up very well. Surprised.

n8roro

In the fall I wiped down the exterior and door panels that were looking tired with wd40 and it made a huge difference. We'll see how long it lasts. Even if I do it twice a year it doesn't take long to do.

dougco1

I did the heat gun method to bring back the color. left a nice low luster dark color and smoothed out the scratches. No coating required afterwards but may help keep the color for the long haul

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks