• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bringing to Aberdeen 2011

CGarbee

I had a great time. I didn't get to walk around and visit or look for stuff as much as I would have liked or have in some years, but I wasn't actually looking for any parts in particular this year so that may have worked out for the best. I have money in the pocket and usually, I am broke when I get home. :)

A really big thanks to Dudley and Frank for the meal on Thursday night. It was great pulling in on Thursday, setting up, and then wandering over to a really great meal and fellowship. If you missed it, make sure that you attend next year.

I really appreciate everyone's help with Fridays' food at my spot. Scrounger is responsible for the addition of ribs to the menu (he suggested them, provided the gear to cook them, ect.) A huge thanks to the guys who helped clean up after the party, I was beat and having folks pitch in for KP is a true blessing. We'll do it again next year...

I stayed until Sunday morning (it was nice late Saturday when we packed up the trucks, then rained like mad after dark) when we pulled out in a mild fog that parted before we got to Baltimore. I got home about 5PM after an uneventful ride in the XM813.

Somebody, remind me to wear my hat more, or to use sunscreen... ;)

I made a few comments to Ian on Saturday night about things that I like about the rally, and a few suggestions for next year, but I thought that the organizers did a fantastic job once again. I wish that I had managed to get over to see Anja and the rest of the folks up front, but I missed her when I made the treck up.

I did get to ride in Rick's M151... Hopefully, I'll get to ride in it some more come Labor Day (unless he brings something else to the VA rally at my folk's place...).

I don't mind folks haggling over my prices, I've been known to do it myself sometimes. I really dislike it though when somebody asks what a price is (when I have it marked on the item in Sharpie), I say "it's marked", and the person picks it up, looks at it, and says "$2"... when I have $15 on it... Don't expect me to work with you on this one... If you say, "it says $15 but will you take $X", then I'll either agree or counter...

I'm looking forward to next year :)

Crazyguypa

I for one had a great time. Weather was good, even though it was misty Saturday, it was still great overall. There are good things and bad things at every show, you never know how it will be, you just have to deal with it and move on.

I was more into just hanging out, talking to the guys I hadn't seen since the last show and eating real well for the 3 days. If you missed out on Thursday nights dinner, Fridays ECC dinner or Saturday Morning breakfast ...... well that's your own **** fault, because you missed some really good food.

Thanks to Dudley for putting together Thursday nights meal, I think this is going to become a tradition.

Thanks to Cabell, Chuck and Scrounger (Andrew) for putting on Friday nights dinner, and thanks for all the guys who pitched in with helping to cleanup. I was awe, as this is a first. Usually it's the few same people who pitch in and help, but this year there were several new faces that helped out in a big way.

Saturday morning pancake breakfast, carried over from last year was even bigger this year. Thanks to Matt and Kelly for helping out. I need to find a Temper tent for next year, so people have a larger place to eat and hang out.

I had some extra stuff to sell, and not much on my "I need list" only two things, and only found one of the two.... I had some stuff on my wish list, but not much $$$ early in the show to part with. It wasn't until late Friday, Saturday morning until most of my stuff got sold. Thanks to all who sent the people over to buy the water cans I had, I ended up with only taking one home. My unload time for the truck was very minimal.... I like that.

Carnac, like always has awesome items at the best prices around. I myself will get a price and either, say that's fair or just keep looking. I'm not really one to haggle, the people I usually deal with aren't looking to screw anyone, but they aren't going to take it in the shorts either. Everyone is there to make money, plain and simple.

Big thanks to Sean for helping my wrap up the MKT and get the heavy stuff loaded onto my truck. I owe you one..... several more like it.

I look forward to next years show. I'll definitly be showing up earlier on Wednesday, to get everything setup.

Thanks again to Cabell for bringing up my MKT vinly from Mike, (Thanks again too Mike). I was able to get it on before the rain came on Sunday afternoon. A great improvement over the old canvas roof canopies and nylon travel covers. These should last me a very long time.

Attachments

rideni

First:
I apologize to anyone I was short or brief with at the show. I was very busy with show operations as well as what I was selling. Not quite focused on everything. Next year I don't plan to be selling anything and just focusing on show operations and having fun.
Second:
As a member of the WAC B&G MVT I tried to get feedback from many of the exhibitors to help make a better rally for every one next year. I will try to get a link back to the ECC on the B&G website, better local advertising, media coverage, etc.
Third:
Dudley, and Frank the Thursday night dinner was great, hope it is there again next year.
Cabell I will have to try to make your dinner one year, always seems to be when the club is doing there friday dinner and meeting at the same time.
Fourth:
Thank you for the acknowledgement Dudley, it is a labor of love of many people, both from the club and our vendors to put this show on every year. Tom B(the owner of the super DUKW) spends many many hours working on putting this on, as well as club president Anja Taylor and many other members of the Blue and Gray. Tom B and my self were there every day from May 8th to May 15th in some capacity. I take half my years vacation to work this show and it is truely a labor of love.

Ian Riden

R Racing

This was my first rally and I can't say enough good thing about the group of SS members I was not only introduced to , But These guys helped me over and above.I got there Weds AM about 8:45 . I was almost turned away with the truck and trailer if it werent for Ian.He even offered to allow me to park my stuff at his place. He showed me around and gave me the lowdown.

After that I got the pleasure of meeting Dudley, He was dropping off a trailer with his Pride and Joy and offered if we needed any food or drink or anything else ( what happened to the hookers Dudley ??LOL JK ) .Dudley had quiet the spread of goodies ! :D He also knew everyone and was very helpful finding things I needed to complete a few trucks. The food he and Frank had set up was awesome ! ( Frank can cook !! ) I can't wait til next year ! I almost missed dinner . But Dudley came and reminded me while I was loading tires on the trailer.Thanks again Dudley !

I Met Carnac on Thursday. What can I say ? Or What shouldnt I say ?? LMBO !! I can't believe he drove that Deuce from GA to the Rally ! He had so much stuff on that truck and trailer ! Ian was there the help him unload . I bought quiet a bit from Carnac And his prices were more than fair ! I thought to myself how can he haul this stuff up here and only ask a little for the parts I needed?I also got to hear the story of the talking trailer , LOL .

I met Phil and his Awesome M818 ! That truck was eye candy to anyone who bleeds green ! LOL . He over heard me looking for a item I was looking for and later that day he found me and said Hey I found that part you were looking for ! I had thought I had went thru every display . But at the very bottom of this box was exactly what I was looking for ! Thanks Phil !! He and his daughter and puppy were Great !

I met Maddaug and Andrew ,And a guy next to Ian under the tent, And many others ! ( If I forgot your name please forgive me . I suck at names without a cheat sheet ! LOL ) Matt had a M916 that was sharp looking there . I had to forgo Friday due to a family emergency . I returned Sat with about 1 hr of sleep from the night before so Please forgive me If I wasn't all there . I'm not sure I remember much of sat ? I do know that I can't wait til next year , And I had a wonderful time and got to play with my tractor . And met some Great people !
Thanks to all !
Jim

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Carnac....... I want to apologize for the comment.......But I was
mis-quoted !!!!!! I didn't say your prices were to high ......I said
" I thought your G-string showed to much THIGH" Thanks as usual
for good deals and great prices. popacom / BILL:jumpin:

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Carnac....... I want to apologize for the comment.......But I was
mis-quoted !!!!!! I didn't say your prices were to high ......I said
" I thought your G-string showed to much THIGH" Thanks as usual
for good deals and great prices. popacom / BILL:jumpin:
That's what I thought I heard you say. Dang it, it wasn't to much thigh!!!! It was the standing on 0 latitude, 0 longitude on July 4th at 10 o'clock facing at 90' due east with my head tilted at 45' angle. Don't worry everyone, inside joke.

Actually the comment was not on my prices. It was something a little more ****ing and insulting.

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
First:
I apologize to anyone I was short or brief with at the show. I was very busy with show operations as well as what I was selling. Not quite focused on everything. Next year I don't plan to be selling anything and just focusing on show operations and having fun.
Second:
As a member of the WAC B&G MVT I tried to get feedback from many of the exhibitors to help make a better rally for every one next year. I will try to get a link back to the ECC on the B&G website, better local advertising, media coverage, etc.
Third:
Dudley, and Frank the Thursday night dinner was great, hope it is there again next year.
Cabell I will have to try to make your dinner one year, always seems to be when the club is doing there friday dinner and meeting at the same time.
Fourth:
Thank you for the acknowledgement Dudley, it is a labor of love of many people, both from the club and our vendors to put this show on every year. Tom B(the owner of the super DUKW) spends many many hours working on putting this on, as well as club president Anja Taylor and many other members of the Blue and Gray. Tom B and my self were there every day from May 8th to May 15th in some capacity. I take half my years vacation to work this show and it is truely a labor of love.

Ian Riden
I was just catching up on reading and read your post. I cannot say enough good things about all the effort, time and your own money that you put into making Aberdeen a success. This is the show of shows for us local guys. How blessed we are to be able to leave work at 3, and run down to ripken stadium to walk the aisles for several hours. To meet MV nuts like ourselves and look at cool things. But a year of hard work goes into this event. The club knows that Ian is there 3 weeks before the show seeing what we need but more importantly, telling them a solution for getting it done. Here is the promise for next year. Frank and I will do the Thursday night dinner. Same menu, blackened filets and fixens. I am going to get 30 spots, in 1 row and we will set up Fort Ian, named to honor our hardest working member. That way, if someone complains about coming to the show and not meeting any Steel Soldiers, we can ask if they hit Fort Ian. Next, we need to fly an antenna flag, like the MTA has, noting our membership to SS. Do we have a site design that is acceptable and legal. Doghead, can we create a flag or shirt that represents this site if no profit is made, or if I did make a profit it would go to the site to help it? Send me a pm.
I see that MD guys getting closer than ever before. The crew who meet for the monthly breakfast has become a pretty tight knit crew and have moved onto the good friends stage. I see great potential here in MD.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks