• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

British CVRT Samson Recovery vehicle being restored .

Jericho

Nice, are you doing sales, have been wanting an FV 432 , many options , hummmm will be in England in june and july looking

Jericho

I keep up with prices on Mil web and my brother in law in Kings Lynn, Norfolk, lived in the UK for 12 years off and on in the 70s and 80s , Am interested, where are you located in blighty , I would ship thru Bayonne NJ, closer than Vegas if I were to pick up this coast or Vegas if I were to bring it down to the WINTER HQ in Arizona. Advantage here is the Pound is down ! 121 today

cleat9214

Im based down near old RAF Greenenham Common, a place called Tidworth near andover . With the exchange rate being so low defo time to buy armd items is now . Im a fully qualified british army CVRT instr so I would on the arrival of anyone who bought this provide all the training needed for maintaince and driving.

DoctorCheney223

Unless you're directly on the West Coast, it would probably cheaper to have most tanks delivered to Galveston, TX so you don't pay the fees for going through the Panama Canal extra float time. This is for people in the Southwest of course.

V/R
Ron

Jericho

Been to Greenham Common many times when it was a tanker base and again with GLCM. I was at Bentwaters/Woodbridge, Then Mildenhall twice and Upperheyford, NCO academy at RAF UPWOODand many points in between . Love England, but the old England Iam afraid not the present situation. would like to find time to stop in when I am in country ,will be doing Wales, Scotland them down to our place in Kings lynn to see family .. I know where tidworth is Andy

cleat9214

Defo pop in mate , at my yard we have a couple of chieftains 432 some CVRTs all getting ready to go state side . RAF woodbrigde is now our AB engr regt there , I didnt know RAF upwood was your NCO academy. I know.how you feel . Im the same about Germany , people forget that there was over 25000 USAF lads in the UK during the cold war.

Jericho

oh Yes , good times at Upwood, wasn't much there really barracks Drill pad, Instruction facilities, We had a nice chow hall though, Everything else was at RAF Croughton or Alconbury . Got stopped for 168 mph on the A11 going home for the weekend to Brandon, ( right between Mildenhall and Lakenheath bases). motor way Bobbies let me go when the popped my hood , had a v 12 JAG XJS carburetted, They had a five quid bet on weather it was fuel injected or Carburetted. when they realized I was only a SSgt they let me go, I asked why they stopped me and not the series 8 MERC that passed me and they laughed, said they knew they could catch me, but they had never "caught" the Series 8 with HRH plates . Randy Andy, on his way to the CLUB at Mildenhall then RAF MArham to meet his sweetie Koo Stark . remember her lol rest of the guys will likely not have a clue , but it was funny Will defo make a slot to come up , perhaps a EAST COAST shipping point is in order, One can buy a Russian tank, one can buy an English tank, bit an American in America can not really buy any armor here any more that's modern and American Made! shame really.

Jericho

Oh theirs plenty here , but our recently returned to civilian life President had decided we cannot own them if they are leaving government service, It is all being cut up. And older stuff already out there is game, but that much rarer and hence the prices have grown drasticly We are at this moment going thru a huge vehicles divestiture, and thousands of up armored trucks ect are being broke for scrap, Many having never even been issued , O miles effectively. The current political climate unfortunately , And don't even think about a live tube here, VERY rare and expensive unlike England . There is far MORE WWII stuff in Europe, ,One must remember most of what we took over, didn't come back. We have a vast Interstate System, but in most of our states tracked vehicles are not allowed on the highway ( even the military truck their armor), not like the old days in Germany when a convoy was 10 miles long and included everything in the order of march including tracked vehicles

dmetalmiki

I have always liked the recovery versions of these vehicles. They are neat and functional looking and also useful to have and use around the place as well.

Last edited:

dmetalmiki

Nice, are you doing sales, have been wanting an FV 432 , many options , hummmm will be in England in june and july looking
'Served' on all those bases around the 70s..good days, My M45 530C came from Mildenhall (where we used to gaze in admiration at it (it was not used in the period)) Now I own it. Just a pity I could never get hold of a P4. I can still get a P15. But they are a bit unwieldy, and two engines..I had mailed you a couple of times, (After you initial enquiry) but received no response to my informing you of our road ready 432 for sale with many extras..and an 'invite' to swing by when you came over this year. (?)

cleat9214

Did you mate , sorry mate I'm dealing with so many wagons for the US , where is you 432 , that's the only way i can remember which one is which. (tbh famous last words from buyers in the US, " i will get back to you " three months later im still sat here lol )

roger1954

Hello. I am searching for CVRT vehicle to purchase ASAP. Prefer diesel upgraded vehicle, but will consider Jag. (I own several Jag E types). Prefer running, driving machine, but will consider anything. Ready to purchase now. Needs to ship to US, or already be in US. Thanks for promptness.

Another Ahab

Hello. I am searching for CVRT vehicle to purchase ASAP. Prefer diesel upgraded vehicle, but will consider Jag. (I own several Jag E types). Prefer running, driving machine, but will consider anything. Ready to purchase now. Needs to ship to US, or already be in US. Thanks for promptness.
I noticed this is your first post.

Welcome from here in Virginia.

What's the story behind the rush, are you maybe making a movie or something?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks