• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Broke down - Desperate!!!

planeswalker

I finally made it home, however my M109 is still in Winchester, VA with a seized up motor. I need to transport it from Wine Truck Repair on Chapel Hill Road off of US 522 to 1015 Fifth Street, Three Rivers, MI 49093. You can PM me and we'll discuss details. You'll probably need a low boy with at least a 20,000 lb. capacity.

papercu

Tow company gonna cost you another thousand at least. Might as well put a engine in it there and drive it back or sell it there and buy another. Unless you mean it a M109 Self-Propelled Gun. Good luck, Wayne

Last edited:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just noticed where the truck is vice where it needs to go. You will probably be better off fixing there or selling truck as is. This is the problems with buying long distance with no back up plan ahead of time. sorry. Know of 2 motors in GA otherwise no help. Again sorry, don't buy long distance without a recovery plan!:cookoo:

planeswalker

Well, I think the mechanic believes that he's got me "over a barrel", "up a creek without a paddle". Long story short, Whenever I started inquiring about how much it was gonna cost me, he would start side-steppin'. I've dealt with enough mechanics in the past to know that he's gonna try and get me for all I've got. I gotta get it out of there and quick! That's why I turned to the Steel Soldiers "Brotherhood" for help. I was in the middle of renovating it into a camper and there's a few mods that I'd kinda like to take off and put into storage not to mention the eleven brand new tires that came with the truck and my tool chest full of tools that I had to leave with it.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Tow company gonna cost you another thousand at least. Might as well put a engine in it there and drive it back or sell it there and buy another. Unless you mean it a M109 Self-Propelled Gun. Good luck, Wayne
I would say 1K would be a cheap haul...then you gotta fix it.
Sometimes ya gotta cut your liability and blow it in place..(scrap it).

Easy to say and hard to do if it's yours...but look at the alternatives...:-(

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Contact Mike Maddawg308 and Jeff TacticalTruck. Those are two SS guys that I can think of off hand that are within reasonable driving distance of Winchester. You may be able to hire one of them to pull the truck out and store it or strip it or....

You could also get John Winslow to haul your truck to his place and install a good engine in it for you. Home Page

Good luck with a bad situation.

planeswalker

If you've got a tow truck and you're willing to take the job then I'd be willing to fork out the grand. I need the stuff off of the truck but to do that I'm gonna need it here at home first. Whether or not I decide to fix it or scrap it out later and buy another one can be decided at a later date. But right now this sheister mechanic has my truck.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you decide to part it out etc.... I would be interested in the tires. I would buy and pickup soon. Could also take whatever to GA and store till whenever you can get it or we could get it there.

mktopside

Banned
Well, I think the mechanic believes that he's got me "over a barrel", "up a creek without a paddle". Long story short, Whenever I started inquiring about how much it was gonna cost me, he would start side-steppin'. I've dealt with enough mechanics in the past to know that he's gonna try and get me for all I've got. I gotta get it out of there and quick! That's why I turned to the Steel Soldiers "Brotherhood" for help. I was in the middle of renovating it into a camper and there's a few mods that I'd kinda like to take off and put into storage not to mention the eleven brand new tires that came with the truck and my tool chest full of tools that I had to leave with it.
Call Western Branch Diesel in manasass va. They are a large and professional truck shop. This is going to cost you alot no matter what, but if you don't trust the mechanic call someone else who's local.

I wish I could help, I'm not far from Winchester, but I don't have a low boy or a spare motor.

ATC

I saw this on another forum, and read it as a M1009, and was going to offer to store it for you here in Roanoke. But I have no way of getting a M109. I can store it in Roanoke if you want to get it here (although Im sure there are other members closer to Winchester)...

mktopside

Banned
I wish I could offer you more. If you get it fixed here in NOVA, if you want to fly in to pick it up I'll gladly pick you up at the airport and get you to where you need to go.

papercu

But right now this sheister mechanic has my truck.
I wouldn't call him names until I had my stuff under my lock and key. They might be a member here or maybe a lurker.
BTW This is a M109 [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQmywQVdqqQ[/media] Wayne

planeswalker

You see, now this kind of feedback is why I'm proud to be a member of this crew. I've got some great options but no solution yet. I just sent an email off to fasttrack logistics for a quote, but I'd really like to give this job to "one of us".

flyxpl

hope you find someone on SS close just to get it somewhere it can sit without costing you a fortune , then you can take your time to figure out what to do . I wish you luck

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks