• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Broke down, throttle control assembly screws needed

ddmcse

Correct ! Cannot thank you enough. Solves problem #1
Problem #2 will not start.
Hear tank pump joy and
Fuel present at secondary bleed valve.
Batts tired .
Additional deuce ENROUTE 3hrs away.

jamesbtowle

[FONT=&quot]ok I'm IN....now where do I go to ask a question. My 998 sat on the sidelines during Harvey because I could not start it...ck'ed all the obvious things but found if I wiggled the gear shift and moved it back and forth long enough I seemed to hit a spot and it would start....but it was too unreliable to take into action....need some advice on fixing the problem?[/FONT]

ddmcse

Would this make things even worse

How bad would it be if I miss aligned the throttle control assembly to the shaft it's inside this cover my guess is that I may have not lined them up correctly remember I'm am on the side of the road with cars whizzing by it's a little unsettling.
So my guess is the first time I reattach this cover I did not line the shaft up and then tried to turn it over .
luckily I have another Deuce show up to help Tomy from one spot to another and we have a spare pump to look at and learn what I am doing wrong it does seem that the fuel shut off and the throttle assembly are linked together somehow in the pump so I'm not sure if I've made things worse by missing the connection on the throttle assembly shaft.
Currently I am 3 hours away from the truck which adds to my dilemma and I will head back there tomorrow morning so I am trying to figure out when to throw in the towel and have it shipped somewhere so I don't have to keep traveling 6 hours a day to work on it on the side of a road.
When I took the fuel shutoff valve cover open it did appear that the shut-off was in the closed position which means it would never start so I am trying to figure out how it got that way and what to do about it but I'm just wondering if all my trouble obviously all my trouble started when the two screws fell out but have they made it worse or impossible to repair on the road thanks for all the help and comments I truly appreciate it

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks