• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Broken axle on my firewood trailer..

lefty

Hey guys, I need some help with finding an axle shaft for my firewood trailer, the axle shaft itself snapped off inside the wheel, and I'm not sure exactly what model trailer it is/was, but it's definitely military. Are axle shafts interchangeable at all?

What identifying characteristics are there between models? This trailer has nothing original on it above the frame, the entire bed was rebuilt using wood 20+ years ago.

I'll try to get some pics to help out, I know i'm giving no helpful information here, but I hope someone can lead me in the right direction. thanks :jumpin:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where are you located?

There should be an ID tag on the frame and the box. Post pics.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What size rims/tires and how many lug nuts does it have?

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lefty . need a LITTLE more info from you . There should be data plates on the trailer , which tells you what Model/Series of trailer you have . There are 2 basic styles of light trailers , 3/4 ton & 1 1/2 ton trailers , plus lots of TYPES in those categories . Trailer axles are pretty much the same in their type class . You could also get to a TSC and pick up a GENERIC replacement axle . You can also BUY another trailer for not a lot more then what it would cost you to fix yours , depends what you want to do , bob k

lefty

Where are you located?

There should be an ID tag on the frame and the box. Post pics.

Thanks, I figured there might be an ID tag someplace, hopefully it's still there. The trailer was modified to have a different hitch than the pintle ring (so it can be pulled with tractors)

I'll try to get some pictures & measurements

doghead, I'm in Chemung county

lefty

Lefty . need a LITTLE more info from you . There should be data plates on the trailer , which tells you what Model/Series of trailer you have . There are 2 basic styles of light trailers , 3/4 ton & 1 1/2 ton trailers , plus lots of TYPES in those categories . Trailer axles are pretty much the same in their type class . You could also get to a TSC and pick up a GENERIC replacement axle . You can also BUY another trailer for not a lot more then what it would cost you to fix yours , depends what you want to do , bob k
Well we have a few other firewood trailers, it's not a big deal if I can't fix it cheap, I'll just leave it where it's at...

Thanks guys

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kublo's Surplus is near you. Ken may have what you need.

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A picture would be great , sounds like you have a 1 1/2 trailer , but the 5 lugs is not right should be 6 .

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I do not recognize that trailer(suspension or wheel) at all.

lefty

doghead, can you please approve my post so others can see it?

Thanks for the info though, I was told it was a military trailer frame but I guess maybe that's not the case..

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I approved it.

In general, we do ask members to attach pictures, rather than link them.

Are the other trailers you have, the same as this one?

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What I see looks "military", I just do not recognize it at all.

lefty

I approved it.

In general, we do ask members to attach pictures, rather than link them.

Are the other trailers you have, the same as this one?
Sorry about that, I didn't see anything against using img tags in the forum rules.

Our other trailers are different, this was just an old one that my Dad and I used to haul firewood with, someone else was using it and broke the axle. I was hoping to put it back on two wheels cheaply but if I can't, it is not a big deal.

Thanks for taking the time to look at it!

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That wheel kinda looks like a WWII budd wheel , but the 20" rim size is odd . It is OLD military , but I agree hard to put a type on that , maybe a WWII equipment trailer of some sort .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks