• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

broken bleeding screw on fuel filter

croftonaviation

Question for everyone. I had the bleeding screw break off on the fuel filter. Is this a findable item at a napa store? does anyone know a part # or the thread size and pitch. Also any ideas as to removing the old one, I was thinking an easy out but I figured I'd ask the experts first. Thanks for the help, this is my daily driver so I'm hung at the moment.

tom

cucv1833

this should be the part #24267. i went to the chevy dealer and they said they could order it but it was like $30. thats crazy. i ordered a new assembly and the drain pluged leaked right from the start. you should be able to get it out but be careful of the plastic peices.
Im going with a spin on next. good luck

croftonaviation

has anyone had good luck with oem surplus in WI? They have the whole assy pretty cheap I was thinking of just ordering the whole
thing, I need to change the filter soon anyway.

cucv1833

has anyone had good luck with oem surplus in WI? They have the whole assy pretty cheap I was thinking of just ordering the whole
thing, I need to change the filter soon anyway.

Thats where i got mine from good price. but it leaked at the drain plug out of the box i loosen it a retighten but still had a small leak. But ive read where other people have had no problems. maybe mine was a defect or operater error Lol.

motorman

i purchased from oem surplus and had 0 problems . . . other than my own ignorance.

has been installed since thanksgiving morning and no problems in my daily driver M1009

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks