• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Broken Deuce Toolbox Latch

houdel

During some off roading a branch snagged the lower rear corner of my toolbox door and put a kink in it. The kink in turn put pressure on the toolbox door latch and jammed it so I couldn't open the toolbox. My clumsy fiddling with the latch in an attempt to open the toolbox resulted in the latch handle breaking off. I tried removing the latch bolts but they must have loose nuts on the inside because after the initial loosening the bolts now just spin without coming out any. Does anyone have a suggestion as to how I can get the toolbox open? My only thought is to drill the bolt heads off but I'm open to better ideas.

ATPTac

Off the top of my head I'd say the least damaging way would be to drill out the bolts. More damaging options would be to try and pry it open with a pry bar. It's kind of hard to say the best way without seeing exactly what you have going on, do you have any pictures of the damage/latch area?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks