• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Broken front spring ( looking for two )

HUMMER H1

And just when I thought I have seen everything on those trucks, I got a new surprise 🤪
I was doing 580 mile adventure expedition crossing Celine valley road from California to Nevada,
road is in terrible condition, 5 to 10 mph if you air down and it’s about 60 miles long,
Well stupid me I didn’t air down. But I was going slow.

Spring broke at some point on that road, whats interesting is that I completed my trip with broken spring and truck didn’t even show much signs it had broken spring until my Gf pointed at it

This is 1985 hunvee A0 Very light duty springs, I wanna get heavy duty springs,
Maybe from M1123 ? Are those all same as snow plow springs ? or winch springs?

a set off of from m1123 will do the job for me
If you guys have a set for sell.

View attachment 884722View attachment 884723

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You will have a rough ride with those springs. I suggest going with lighter springs that match your other pair OR replace all four with heavy duty.

I Bet the hummer guy and 86HUMV has them all in stock.

Eric texted me the damage and the working repair that allowed him to keep going. Man is he creative AND does he get out and drive! (I attached the images he sent me.)

Attachments

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please do not post duplicate threads on the same subject.
The spring did not break because it was light duty, sometimes they just break, be careful what you wish for as far as stiffer springs go.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I used to have Greg’s phone number, I’ll ask if he has any.

I should of lowered the tire pressure
You have logged literally over 200,000 miles. Springs fatigue and break. Had nothing to do with your tires my good friend. Don’t beat yourself up. You did nothing wrong.

Guyfang

Staff member
Would also suggest that you post in the "parts Wanted forum, when looking for parts. You have more visibility, and forum rules. If you want to make this a parts wanted, say something. Mogman or I can make it happen.

Gcelevator

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe i saw on fleabay some posted by beltfed out of a M1123.
Man, and i am looking for some reliable softer springs to have a more confortable ride.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks