• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Broken leaf spring on M1028

truck1

Has anyone who owns a M1028 experienced broken rear main leaf springs?While replacing my rear factory u-bolts with the ORD top plate mount kit,I noticed both sides had cracked in half @ the spacer on the top of the spring pack on the main leaf.Not sure if this is typical on the 1028 only or not,but if you have a stock setup with factory overloads you might want to have a look and inspect your springs.I have put about 3K on this rig since I did the ORD 4" lift (shackle flip rear),and fortunately the main rear leafs never let go.Not sure if this is a design flaw,bad spring steel,or bad luck.I replaced one side with a 1008 spring pack generously provided by the previuos owner.I found another 1008 spring pack @ Boyce Equipment.

Sephirothq

I bought a truck that had the middle leaf springs broken, on the main and the bottom were intacted. I think my truck was off roaded too hard. Not sure on yours though

truck1

Thanks CUCVNUT,but I just ordered a rear 1008 from Boyce Equipmemt.I guess I should have posted WTB here first.You're only about an hour from my location.I removed the overload springs,and spacers when I installed the ORD ubolt kit.Thanks again.