• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Broken leaf spring on M1028

truck1

Has anyone who owns a M1028 experienced broken rear main leaf springs?While replacing my rear factory u-bolts with the ORD top plate mount kit,I noticed both sides had cracked in half @ the spacer on the top of the spring pack on the main leaf.Not sure if this is typical on the 1028 only or not,but if you have a stock setup with factory overloads you might want to have a look and inspect your springs.I have put about 3K on this rig since I did the ORD 4" lift (shackle flip rear),and fortunately the main rear leafs never let go.Not sure if this is a design flaw,bad spring steel,or bad luck.I replaced one side with a 1008 spring pack generously provided by the previuos owner.I found another 1008 spring pack @ Boyce Equipment.

Sephirothq

I bought a truck that had the middle leaf springs broken, on the main and the bottom were intacted. I think my truck was off roaded too hard. Not sure on yours though

truck1

Thanks CUCVNUT,but I just ordered a rear 1008 from Boyce Equipmemt.I guess I should have posted WTB here first.You're only about an hour from my location.I removed the overload springs,and spacers when I installed the ORD ubolt kit.Thanks again.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks