• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Broken motored Deuce recovered

Ridgerunner

I finally went and recovered a 1971 Deuce W/W that I had bought maybe two months back. I bought it with a bad motor. The number one connecting rod let go, and destroyed the block. It didn’t run (go figure) so we basically had to load 13,000# of rolling dead weight. When I had originally looked at it and purchased it, it was located in mosquito central, and we were getting eaten alive at the time. So I didn’t get a real good chance to look it over see what all that I had gotten. I just figured it was a non running Deuce with a winch, and the price was fare, so I couldn't pass it up. As for the recovery, It went pretty smooth. The tilt trailer made loading fairly easy, and the old F-700 didn't seem to mind pulling it. So today, now that I have it home, I can better inspect what I have.

Attachments

axlr8

agreed sweet truck! if you ever get to mn over down here, ill take that junk motor from you, i have a teacher who is looking for some

mikes47jeep

nice truck and nice f700,

but that trailer looks a little weird to me, like the wheels are way too much forward

never seen one like that, how dose it handle? seems like it would be real shaky with that little tounge weight

Ridgerunner

I had time to look over the truck some today. The body is rust free, but the Desert Storm paint isn’t that great. The tan is flaking and peeling in spots, exposing the OD underneath. It has a real nice set of six, 11.00x20 GoodYear radials (holding a dime in the tread picture). Has an air shift transfercase, vinyl soft top, new plastic battery box, slave cable hook up (never had one before) a good vinyl cargo cover sitting on the passenger seat with cargo bows in the bed, drivers springer seat, cab heater and an aftermarket (110-volt plug in) coolant circulator heater. To my surprise (bonus) it also came with spin-on oil filter and fuel filter adapters.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks