• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Broken sensor What is it for?

Isawfrizzy

Found this yesterday when looking for air leaks on my 1990 M923A2. Hopefully this has something to do with my CTIS not working. I searched the TM's for an hour with no luck and figured maybe someone here can tell me what this sensor is for and where to find a new one. There's another fitting below it that doesn't look too good either. Check out the pics and I'd appreciate any input.

IMG_4003.jpgIMG_4004.jpgIMG_4005.jpgIMG_4007.jpg

cbrTodd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is the 120 psi pressure transducer for the CTIS. If it never sees 120 psi and closes, the CTIS will think the air pressure is low and will just blink highway mode.

Isawfrizzy

That is the 120 psi pressure transducer for the CTIS. If it never sees 120 psi and closes, the CTIS will think the air pressure is low and will just blink highway mode.
YES! That's exactly what I'm seeing with my CTIS. That's what I wanted to hear. Thanks!

Now where do I find one?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Thats the pressure transducer for the ctis. That lil wire has a plugin up on the frame rail

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Ebay. Or international dealer. Spicer number is 513403

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I would like to correct terms here.
Yes that's for the Ctis but it's not a pressure transducer. It's a pressure switch only.

Isawfrizzy

Well I would like to correct terms here.
Yes that's for the Ctis but it's not a pressure transducer. It's a pressure switch only.
I'm pretty sure the Spicer 513403 part is a transducer and not what I'm looking for here. I found it in the TM's but no part number is given. Anyone have the switch part number?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I'm pretty sure the Spicer 513403 part is a transducer and not what I'm looking for here. I found it in the TM's but no part number is given. Anyone have the switch part number?
Does it give the nsn?

aziator

So I bought the Spicer part number 513403 to replace that sensor but the plug to the truck is round, not flat like the new sensor. Do I have to rewire or is there a part I am missing?

Isawfrizzy

Any numbers on the part?

After pulling the part and doing a little Googling here's the part number: Nsn: 5930 01 287 3965

Does anyone know how this sensor works? I know the CTIS reads it and will open the for business if it sees 120psi and then shut down if the tank pressure drops below 85. Is it the CTIS reading the sensor or is it the sensor that makes at 120 and drops out at 85? Is the CTIS just looking for continuity or is it reading a pressure?

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
After pulling the part and doing a little Googling here's the part number: Nsn: 5930 01 287 3965

Does anyone know how this sensor works? I know the CTIS reads it and will open the for business if it sees 120psi and then shut down if the tank pressure drops below 85. Is it the CTIS reading the sensor or is it the sensor that makes at 120 and drops out at 85? Is the CTIS just looking for continuity or is it reading a pressure?
Part number by Eaton ETN0599603

There are a few on ebay.