• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Broken sensor What is it for?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
So is that Eaton part number the same as the Spicer sensor referenced above (other than the plug being different)?
Eaton was bought out by Dana awhile back on the drive train side and other divisions of Eaton were bought out by borg Warner, delphi and other things.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Isawfrizzy

So is that Eaton part number the same as the Spicer sensor referenced above (other than the plug being different)?
I don't think so. I thinnk the Spicer part you listed is a tire pressure monitor that tells the CTIS what the pressure is where this part is a switch that controls when the CTIS can operate.

aziator

I don't think so. I thinnk the Spicer part you listed is a tire pressure monitor that tells the CTIS what the pressure is where this part is a switch that controls when the CTIS can operate.
I haven't found any other location that the Spicer part would integrate into the system and I know it is an upgrade for M923 series trucks (along with wreckers).

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Correct the one under the truck is nonething but a pressure switch with a high and a low.
The pressure transducer on top of the pcu tells the brain ecu box where the tires are flat sand cross country hiway it comucates air pressure to electrical talk.

Isawfrizzy

Found an "opens on low" pressure switch at Grainger. Closes at 100psi and opens at 75psi and its max pressure is 600 so no problems there. The range is a little different than stock switch of 120psi close and 85 psi open but I think it's close enough. Grainger part number 4LWX9 and it's $16.

Isawfrizzy

Supco SLP90120 low pressure switch. Closes at 120PSI and opens at 90psi. Almost an exact match to stock switching psi. Will need to be spliced in to existing military style connector.

Mos68x

I found this same switch broken on my truck too, my CTIS was blinking as well. Good to see we some options to repair it. I know many of you don't like the CTIS, and even though it may have its gremlins I'd still like to have mine fully functional since I live way out in the sticks.

Mos68x

Hey simp, where did you get the part number and NSN? I looked through the RPSTLs but didn't find it at all, I found most the parts for it but not anything mounted on the wet tank. The 23 TM shows its location mounted on the wet tank, but nowhere did I find it in the 24P or 34P TMs.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Hey simp, where did you get the part number and NSN? I looked through the RPSTLs but didn't find it at all, I found most the parts for it but not anything mounted on the wet tank. The 23 TM shows its location mounted on the wet tank, but nowhere did I find it in the 24P or 34P TMs.
The OP posted the nsn and part number corresponding to it. I actually followed up with the post cause SS was not working at the time and i had not caught up on posts.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
It seems like big bucks for a switch and looks like it could fail again. Vibration breaks stuff.
Maybe one should install another 90°El there so the weight of itself and wire is in down direction.

switch gravity IMG_4003.jpg

jamestiede

I also found this switch broken on my truck as well. I just bought it..... Awesome info here and great contributors... I also have a low pressure switch leaking on my top tank. Should I buy 3 of these Supco SLP90120 switches and wire them in and be done with all that?
Thanks...