• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Broken transfer case?

Duster06

SoOoOo the most embarising thing happened today. I was driving through some powder snow blazing my own trail on the road. I stopped in front of the dumpster to throw some trash out, and then I got stuck. It took me a long time to get out. I tried every possible combination of the transfer case and transmission, and even with me being careful I had the same thing happen every time: the rear wheels would spin but the front wheels wouldn't engage. It was as if I had a rear wheel drive car, and that changing the settings of my transfer case had no effect.

Any thoughts?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Most likely linkage is out of adjustment preventing the transfer lock from engaging.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
TM 9-2320-280-10. Paragraph 2-11
Vehicle must be stopped, engine off, and transmission shift lever placed in “N” (Neutral), before transfer case can be shifted. Failure to do this will result in damage to drivetrain.

page 2-108 and table 1-7 thru 1-11 depending on transmission

Last edited:

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
TM 9-2320-280-10. Paragraph 2-11
Vehicle must be stopped, engine off, and transmission shift lever placed in “N” (Neutral), before transfer case can be shifted. Failure to do this will result in damage to drivetrain.
Does this work?
I just dug my -10 Operators manual out, amazing what that manual contains....

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
****. I didn't realize the engine had to be off. I thought it just had to be in neutral first
Your gonnah have to read the whole manual now.

Here, this was produced at great cost and it is yours for free.
It is here so you can find it.
Even if it a black square just click on it and download it.

It is 4.8mB, take about 33 seconds to download it.
There will be a test in the morning.

View attachment TM-9-2320-280-10 HMMWV.pdf

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks