• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bronze ?????

Docter

I was finishing stripping any usable parts from the remnants of a old 53 or 54
M-37, first time i have actually scrapped a MV. sad :-( i dont like it. any way, on the motor, the hub on the front of the crank when i removed it i realized that it is made of brass, or bronz
at a glance i dont know the diff. the one on my 64 truck is steel, was this a change at some point or do i have a repro on mine.
inquiring minds want to know.

youres at arms Doc

tbone1004

brass is copper and zinc, bronze is typically copper and tin. Bronze is very hard and typically brittle while brass is much more malleable.

Can't help you on the change though, g741 would be able to help you better I imagine. I haven't checked on my '51 but will next week

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks