• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brought home the airforce truck

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I got a truck from Stretch, put the motor and bed on Crusher's cab and frame. Found all the parts for the winch and installed a pyro. Took her on the maiden voyage tonight. Quick trip to get fuel found slipping belts and the manifold preheater hose leaking. Crusher came and helped me fix those problems, and I was on my way home. Truck has an LDS motor, ran wonderfully. Pyro stayed under 1200 even on BIG hills. Might play with the fuel a bit, but compared to my 109, this trucks flys. The tone is AWESOME, love that exhaust. Thanks to all that has helped me put this truck together.

gimpyrobb

Adam, I have the stock one on for now, just wanted her home. Still gonna put the 5ton filter on the fender, just not enough time right now.

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can help out with some of the progress pics. Take two trucks and make one . . .

Attachments

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are more pics hiding in another thread, about him hauling home the M35 parts donor... can't seem to find it right now.

Anything feels fast after your M109, question is does it feel faster than a NORMAL M35?

Bet Jeff's glad to see that one run!

Dennis

gimpyrobb

Stan helped ALOT the weekend of the pics that Crusher posted. Thanks, you were a big help. Stan came down that weekend just to pickup an airshift Tcase, ended up tearing down 2 trucks!

gimpyrobb

Stretch, not really looking for speed, just the ability to go faster than 28mph(hold the speed I was at) up a hill. Now that I have seen the difference, I want to put that other LDS in my 109!

BMCUSNAVY

Hi Gimpy. Do you have any pics, info, etc. as to where the pyro is installed on the engine. I have 2 deuces & thinking I need to put pyros on them too see what is what with the temp. I installed one on my 03 cummins dodge. Figured it would be a good idea, If I plan on tweaking the injector pump just a bit. Thanks for any info. pic's.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I find it ironic that a guy with so many correct wheel chocks uses a 4x4 as a chock. Whats with that?

gimpyrobb

Ya know Kenny, I have two brandy new ones in the tool box under the driver's seat. I dunno why. Anyhoo, another update, my truck came home as an M35a2c- now its an M35a2c W/W! Looks good too! Never thought my arms could ever hurt this much! Wow I feel like I wrestled with a Yetti! Might try to take it to work tomorrow. I have been braggin on it alot, it will probably die in the parking lot. :roll:

gimpyrobb

So I pulled off the stock top tonight and tried out the FMTV top I got from Maddog. It would work AWESOME if it were not a top for a tipper. I think I can mod it ok for my needs. Anyone have a regular FMTV top they want to trade?