• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brown Mtn Climb

MDSA

Just north of Morganton, NC, is an ORV park called Brown Mtn. Took the M37 there today along with my sons' Ranger and Cherokee, plus 2 nice 4 wheelers. Most of the trail is dry rock or dirt, fairly steep in places, bumpy as all get out, but never needed 4 wheel drive and hardly ever spun (probably because of the M37's weight). If you look in the background of the first pic you can get an idea of the terrain. Didn't get the camera out until we got to the "pond" near the top. I have to say I was very pleased with how the M37 just kept climbing. Nothing seemed to phase it. I see why some people make rock climbers out of an M37.

Happy New Year

Attachments

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Brian that looks like a day VERY WELL SPENT the M-37 looks great and what a nice area to play in, thanks for the pics and I do miss My M-37 when I see pics like this, thanks for sharing and Happy New to you as well!
KK

sethnagy

MDSA . . . Looks like a great trip. I've driven up to Mortimer, Globe, etc. I've wondered if it would be possible to take an m35 on the Brown Mnt. trail. I'm in Lenoir.

sethnagy

Awesome! Anyone want to give it a try? The trailed is closed from January 1 to April 1 so it looks like there is time to plan if anyone is interested.

Last edited:

MDSA

Brandon, you had your wrecker up there? Wow!

The trail was plenty wide enough for a Deuce or 5 ton, at least to the pond. It got a bit narrower and steeper after the pond. Seems like some of the curves were a bit sharper also.

The park is closed for the winter. But spring is coming. Just $5 to see if we can do it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks