• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brown Paint in Rattle Cans ????

TACTICAL6

I am thinking of adding the camo to my Green deuce. Has anybody had any luck getting a close match on the Brown with rattle cans? It seems all the brands I have looked at are not a good match......

Attachments

wildbilly1760

yes rapco parts 383 brown carc spray cans. I have had good luck matching that paint from rapco with Lowes' Valspar Flat Velvet Brown in rattle cans. I pick up a can or 2 every chance I get to Lowes. It goes pretty far on a 3 color carc colored truck. $3-4 a can so close to color match you cant tell. Smells different. seems to hold up as well.

wildbilly1760

BTW, the closest cheapo rattle can I found so far to match 383 carc green is Italian Olive Satin I think it is Krylon. I do know they have it at Walmart for $3-4 a can also. A few shades off from real 383, but for base coat on underbody and suspension parts it is real close. It looks more like what 383 carc looks like after it fades some. I coat up the parts with that, then go over it with a coat of Rapco if it is in a noticeable place. But inside the frame rails and stuff just left it.

DHennon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought rattle cans at the local Army Navy here in Orlando. They carry several different camo colors as well as the greens and tan, and all are a great match. If I buy 6 or more cans I get a 10% discount. Retail for a 12oz can is $4.99. Al's Army/Navy in Sanford, Florida is where I buy mine. If you want more info send me a PM.