• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Browsing GL I saw the exact same trailer I towed as a young PFC

Chief_919

Not the same model trailer, but the exact same M105 I towed and slept in!

So I bought it!

IMG_8114.jpg

Since it has sentimental value to me I am going to build it into something I will use- first step was a lunette flip and bolster trailer tires and wheels.

IMG_8118.jpg

Chief_919

What first caught my eye were the bumper numbers for 357th Engineer Company. That is the new designation for my old unit, A-391 Engineer Battalion.

Then I noticed the spray paint on it- that was done at the unit in 2002, during an extra period of home station annual training when we had to change bumbler numbers and the old paint we could get was that off-color WWII shade OD green. At that time there were only 2 M105 trailers in the unit, and only one had the old style parking brake handles and landing leg- the same one I towed around from 93-96. When the unit deployed that trailer and most of the units other equipment was put into storage in ECS-125 at Ft Bragg. The trailer stayed at ECS from 2004 until it was sold.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thats great you found it! the trailer I bought a while back from a private seller used to belong to my buddy's unit in Rochester, NY. It's a small world.... even with MV's.

Chief_919

That's an awesome story!

What are you going to build the trailer into / how do you plan to use it?
It is going to become my rally trailer.

On the list-
Done already: Bolster trailer tires, flipped lunette, remove landing leg (too tall for new stance)

To-do: fold down bunk that will fold flat against the front rack when not used, sew in the stovepipe jack from a tent into the cover to allow me to run a wood stove inside, electric/hydraulic brake actuator, new civilian type landing leg.

there is something very special about a piece of gear you carried while in or a piece of gear you used. Very glad you were able to secure the trailer and im sure it will continue to serve you well. I followed a specific m101a3 while with 1mardiv and bought it when it went over to govliq, I was able to track the numbers on her. In uniform you can walk right into the drmo/gov liq lots so I went in to keep an eye on it till it came up for auction. I don't plan to ever get rid of my trailer, im sure you plan the same

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks