• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bruce Industries Type 3 100KW Load Bank

csmitty

Anyone used or have one of these? Wondering how low it will go. I see alot of switches on the panel but can't quite make out the lettering. Its a 3phase as well.

Guyfang

Staff member
Yeah, I saw it on Govplanet, I think.

If I remember correctly, 1.5 KW is the smallest rating. It's a REAL nice load bank. Easy to use, and maintain.

Every gen shop had one on the expando trailer. The only bad thing about it is you need 6 men and a boy to move it.

csmitty

Good to hear. Yea they did look pretty large. Hardest spot would be finding a spot for it. Would love a smaller one for the 802's and 803's but those are harder to find for a decent price. Are there any manuals around for those guys? Would be nice to find dimensions and weights.

Guyfang

Staff member
Give me the NSN, and if its listed, the TN number.

I will up load TM 12359A-OD/B in the TM upload section. It should have weight, size and other such data for the load bank.

Last edited:

Another Ahab

Google search pops these up, and funny but your mug was in the mix there too, Guyfang!

It looks like a beast (I mean the load bank, not you Mr. Guyfang): :naner:

ABC.jpg

ABCII.jpg

Last edited:

rsms

how would the power source get
connected to these? as in is it wire by wire individually or does it have provisions for pre-made cables to connect the power source to it? After reading my question even I'm confused lol hope you understand what I'm angling at.

Guyfang

Staff member
As I remember, there are 4 each post connections inside a side door. They have big bakelite knobs. You unscrew them, place the ring connections on them and screw the connections down. The side doors need to be open to run. They should have interlocks to keep the load bank from running, if the doors are not open and locked in place.

I used a peice of power cable, I had leftover from a Patriot EPP-2. Can't remember the size. I split the ends open and made my connection on both ends.

rsms

I didn't make it back to my office in time today and I don't think it's a problem to mention this so......If anyone won any of these multiple lots I would probably be interested in taking one of them off your hands. Once again if this isn't in the proper place please delete

csmitty

I didn't make it back to my office in time today and I don't think it's a problem to mention this so......If anyone won any of these multiple lots I would probably be interested in taking one of them off your hands. Once again if this isn't in the proper place please delete
I did not bid. I was out around the $600 mark. Granted there were multiple, but shelling out that much and not sure if I could off load 2 extras, and no place to put them. Looking at some previous auctions it seemed some went dirt cheap. So was hoping to get 3 in the 300 range. Oh well. Will just have to keep looking or diy a load bank. Unless someone here got some extras like you said.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks