• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brush guard timeline?

vitamink

I've been looking into brush guards for the HMMWV. I'm happy with not having one, but i bought this thing so i can spend quality time with my father wrenching on it, so the more opportunity to add/fix/replace stuff the better. Anyways there are many brush guards, and i'm sure i'll forget a few, but can you tell me what is the most current configurations. Pictures below.

6000999.jpg

Tube with a bend

5937407.jpg

tube

57K0106.jpg

angled

M1026-1.jpg
Slat style?

There is another that i can't find that looks like the above one only with mesh inside some of the holes. Anyone know the most current model?

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Angled was first, going back to the PS Magazine article where it gave you the specs to weld one, then TACOM made a kit. Then the not very common Slat style, of which there were a few varieties of. Then it went to the tube with bend, and now tube.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have three or four of the angled guards that will be heading to the scrapper soon. They have the mounting brackets but no bolts or pins.

Intereseted in them?

Last edited:

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
the first one is stock AMG Brushguard used on Civy H1, the Heavy Slat style is made by Luverne....IMHO the Best Brushguard made...Beefy as they get. I have one on my Slantback, if I could get more I would....to heavy to ship. the Round Tubular is now standard on all trucks, Every one of the trucks on the Base where I am stationed has them...I have them on 2 of my trucks.

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
And....there's this one.....DSC00940.JPG
But I have the luverne also...its Heavy duty.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks