• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brushguard Weight?

panama

My 1009 did not come from GL with a brushguard. I like the look of one and was looking at buying. I was wondering, though, what they weigh and if they were heavy (maybe 100+ lbs) the weight SAVING may be the way to go. THANKS!

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Probably not more than 75 lbs. Definately makes the truck look better!

jimmy-90

The brushguard alone is not that heavy....maby 45 or 55lbs. When I took my front bumper and brushguard off combined they didn't feel like they quite weighed 100lbs. But it felt close though. Shouldn't be heavy enough to effect the truck in any way.

Last edited:

Wolf.Dose

I once owned a M1009. One day I cut of the brushgard for better access to the engine room. I rely did not feel any difference in driving handling. The weight was estimated about 30 lbs. Note: Tire pressure with standard tires should be at least 2.9 bar (290 kPa) or 20 psi. I used 3.5 bar (350 kPa) or25 psi with 31-10.50 x 16 LRC.
Wolf

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks