• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brutus Coast to Coast

red

I did notice the fuel prices go up at the boarder.

After ten and a half years I drove back onto Ft Bragg Nc yesterday afternoon. It is amazing how much has changed, and what hasn't changed. I have until monday to sign in so a bit of time to get things in order. Thank you to everyone for the support and advise.

Here is a roll up of the carnage
Alaska-California
Alternator belts x 4sets
Alternator
Fuel pump
Hub Seal
Bad fuel
Transmission - 2ea

Found to be bad in Ca:
Radiator
Radiator hoses
Heater valves
Master cylinder
Air Pack

California - North Carolina
#2 injector Line
Front Tires (damaged in the tow)
FDC (making oil, bypassed on the road)
Oil Leak from fwd head gasket
Rear Main Seal
Transmission output seal
Hub seals 3ea

First real rain last night:
Various minor leaks in living space.

All in all i dont think we did too bad for 5,917 indicated miles. Will have to do some math to figure out what that is in actual miles
I don't think the stock Spicer 3053a transmission likes you.......

Glad the second half of the trip went better!

TB58

Thanks everyone. It took just about everything I had not to stick a road flare in the fuel tank a few times. Very rewarding to have completed such a long day trip successfully. A huge reward at the end was the reaction of my niece and nephew when I pulled up to the house. They and a friend spent about an hour climbing all over brutus the first night, and kept asking to go play on him throughout the weekend.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks