• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Btr 60

RjSteed

Does anyone know anything about these and being able to drive them on the street?
I know its 10 tons
23 ft long
9 ft wide

16K isnt looking to bad if i can swing it.. But there's no point if I cant play....

datadawg

When they pull you over for being oversize, you can just ignore and keep driving. When they deploy the National Guard, you can just claim ignorance. "Officer, I honestly didn't realize you were behind me" ;)

datadawg

One more thing, if I'm not mistaken, the BTR 60 has 2 engines in the back and they are likely not easy to keep synchronized or whatever the term is in order to provide equal power. So apart from being oversize, you also will need a full time mechanic... The BTR 80 went to one motor, but AFAIK, those are not being released yet. You can always go via BRDM-2 route, it's a smaller piece and I think it's within size limits. I was actually considering all these, but now leaning to getting a Ferret. You might consider an Alvis Saracen, it's British and probably more road friendly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uce1NTyVhF4

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks