• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bubba got hold of a M101A2

derf

Actually mine started out as an M101A1, without surge brakes.
It had the "big five" bolt pattern wheels. It is now more practical for me and tows well behind my little PreRunner. Surge brakes would not be bad but I prefer a simpler setup with less to maintain.

Also, seeing what M101A2s are going for around here it might be economically sound to buy one and modify it to whatever configuration you want. I dunno if the military is phasing them out or what but there are a bunch hitting the market here.

Last edited:

NMC_EXP

Maybe the that guy that built also built this M1009!

Sheesh.....I was only kidding.

I did not really think something like that actually existed - shoulda known better.

Regards

Jim

derf

Oh, my. I don't know what to say about that.
I guess if you want your Vette to look like an old brick........................

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kenny, You can say what you want about people modding their own vehicle but I have to admit that the M1009 pics made me want to poke my eyes out. I thought nobody could top the Malibu deuce but this one surely does.

I don't think a M101 is too big in stock form to be pulled by a fullsized truck. I regularly pull a M105 behind my Dodge 3/4 ton. I have a slightly modified hitch on the truck and the M105 pulls nice and level.

Attachments

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kenny, You can say what you want about people modding their own vehicle but I have to admit that the M1009 pics made me want to poke my eyes out. I thought nobody could top the Malibu deuce but this one surely does.
Precisely why my last comments were nothing but question marks. I didn't want to be a hippocrite after my first comments about modding stuff but when I saw the blazer, I had the same desires as you!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks