• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Buidling HMMWV Turret Shield

jpinst

I have been unable to find a HMMWV turret shield. Once saw one on ebay go for $900, and it will likely cost that much to ship. Saw another that never sold for $1700.

Anyway, I can get all the pintle and shield mounts. Just not the shield.

So here is my question. If I were to buy some steel and have it cut and welded, I suppose I could build my own.

The problem likes in getting the dimensions and holes for mounting on some kind of drawing. Also what kind of steel would be used?

If I could get these two things squared away, I suppose i could go ahead and build one. Dimensions are the most important.

Any help appreciated.

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I sold the one on Epay.....I also have another one.
Its 3/8 th thick hardened steel.
I'm planning on finding an aluminum plate I can make to look like the steel one, then sell the steel one.
I'm about 80 miles from you.
Greg

jpinst

slated shield

I will definitely take the slanted shield. You must be in the LA area, because I was really hoping I could go pick one up as the shipping will be a lot. Send me a PM, and if its not too late, maybe we can make a deal. I am ready now.

Dean

jpinst

M240 on the HMMWV

I am in Hong Kong at the moment, just went to the airsoft street and combed the shops looking for what I wanted. Found a Korean made excellent replica and working airsoft M240 (uses M4 version 2 gearbox) .

At the moment it looks like a Mag58, because although it has the M240 flashider, it doesn't have the hand guards. I bought them too, but decided to wait until I get home to install them. Here is the rifle on my HK apartment sofa.

Price was about USD$1500

Attachments

jpinst

RE: M240 on the HMMWV

Yeah, well its more of a replica rifle than anything else. I got the heat shield and RIS already at the same store. BTW its a triggerhappy, made in Korea. An M240 dummy gun is about 5K, so its easy to make the choice, and M240 is definitely more common.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks