• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Builder77 Ethan De-splining?

m376x6

Hi Ethan, Bryan here in Colorado. I didn't want to talk about this in the hub thread so I brought it here. You mentioned de-splining the stock hubs for your truck. Do you plan on adding any type of bushing to the hub to help with contact from the splines? How were you planning on removing the splines? Maybe we can work something out. Thanks

Regards,
M376X6

m376x6

Re: RE: Builder77 Ethan De-splining?

Recovry4x4 said:
I have a pair hogged out. No bushings required. Just open it up plenty.
Sounds too simple, it would take away my joy of playing on the machines and tinkering. Why make it simple when you can over-engineer the hell out of it and make it twice as complicated at twice the price. :lol:

Regards,
M376X6/M354X4

Trango

RE: Re: RE: Builder77 Ethan De-splining?

Hi Mate,

I don't have an incredible amount of tooling, but I do have a lathe up here in Boulder... let me know if you need to use it.

Best,
Bob

m376x6

Re: RE: Re: RE: Builder77 Ethan De-splining?

Trango said:
Hi Mate,

I don't have an incredible amount of tooling, but I do have a lathe up here in Boulder... let me know if you need to use it.

Best,
Bob
Hi Bob, I'm not sure who you were nice enough to offer your lathe to, if it was for me, thank you very much. That is indeed very generous. If there is something I can help you out with please let me know. I have a double bay shop here below the house and garage and have both a 13 x 40 gap bed engine lathe, a smaller tinkering lathe for quick little stuff. A very small vert mill and a J head 1 1/2 horse vert mill with lots of various tooling including a powered 18 inch rotary table that has really proved its worth and has saved my other rotary tables for other work. The usual welders, drill presses, spot welders and on and on. I love to tinker. The lathe was quite a deal, it sells for over 8,500 through MSC, I bought it used in excellent at an auction for 1,500 with a couple of chucks. The mill I paid just under a thousand for but completely disassembled it and rebuilt it. Not the best around but it works great for my shop. I've since attached digital readouts on the X,Y, and Z travels. My son had come home from college a few years back and we decided to go to the swap meet out on I-76. While my bride and he were locking horns abot how to lay out their stuff I strolled down the isle. There sitting under a table was a brand new 5 horse rotary inverter. I asked the gent what he wanted for it and he replied, "Do you know what they are worth". I said yes, and he replied "How much will you give me for it". I looked at him and said it's yours, what do you want. He came back with 50 bucks. I nearly broke my arm trying to get my wallet out of my pocket quick enough. He said I could leave it there until I could get something to carry that big motor off with. I just laughed and picked it up and took it back to the truck with me. I spent the next two weeks and a lot of coin rewiring the shop and adding more service. Thanks again Bob.

Regards,
Bryan

Trango

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Builder77 Ethan De-splining?

Hi Bryan,

Wow - that's a big setup you have! I, too, appreciate the offer. I stop at the welders and the 13" vintage LeBlonde, but they suffice for most of my needs.

BTW, I love the story about your swap meet find - I love hearing those types of tales!

If you're in the front range, and if you ever need another pair of hands for a very big machining project, drop me a line - I'd love to fit something like that into the schedule.

Best,
Bob

m376x6

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Builder77 Ethan De-splining?

Trango said:
Hi Bryan,

Wow - that's a big setup you have! I, too, appreciate the offer. I stop at the welders and the 13" vintage LeBlonde, but they suffice for most of my needs.

BTW, I love the story about your swap meet find - I love hearing those types of tales!

If you're in the front range, and if you ever need another pair of hands for a very big machining project, drop me a line - I'd love to fit something like that into the schedule.

Best,
Bob
Same here Bob. I would be more than happy to help out with a project. I've sold my 64 Dodge Crew, and one of my M101A1's, and am just about finished making sure everything is ready to go on the 85 Dodge Crew to put it up for sale. My goal is to get rid of all the partial and dreaming projects and concentrate on a Bobbed Deuce. I actually have my Bride of 32 years postive acknowledgement to go ahead with the "Bob", something I have in the past pretty much not involved her with. It feels kind of strange to have the Mrs. input saying she likes it.

Bob, if you're ever going to be up I-70 through the Idaho Springs area or rather just past it. Please call to make sure I'm around, I always enjoy someone new to chat with. I met a fella the other day when he came up to uy a trailer, his name is Dan Faulk. He owns a company called Arma Rifle and Cartridge. I believe he mentioned he makes a semi auto version of the rifle called an AK47. We ended up talking and swapping stories for quite awhile. Bob (dasgt), one of the SS Police here has stopped by several times and has encouraged me to at least visit SS here. I wish I had done it years ago. Of all the sites I have tried to participate in, this is the most appealing. Probably the most open minded if you can believe it. I can tell you horror stories of sponsors who openly mock and strangle their folks on their forums. Others let members ride rough shod on everyone and turn it into a venom spraying contest. When I'm ready to "Bob" my future deuce, maybe we can get together and create a bit of think tank.

Regards,
Bryan

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks