• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

built snorkel today

NC Cucv

I like the set up in your cucv. I was thinking of making mine with some 4in emt. Would like to see some pix of how it is connected under the hood. I also heard you have to raise the breather tubes ( guess what you call them) on the axlles as well if you plan on some deep water driving. Any suggestions? :jumpin::jumpin:

jdeoliveira74

you have breathers on both front and rear diffs as well as the transmission. Under the hood is still rough going to switch to a new air box maybe out of a toyota 4runner and probably go with a intake off of a turbo model to ensure its all sealed. Once i am done i will post some pics!

NC Cucv

Hay met you at he Home Depot the other weekend, nice truck. Where did you have the pipe bent at? :driver: Any other Wilmington NC CUCV owners out there?

rnd-motorsports

All the talk about snorkels and vent tubes and nobody ever talks about the dip stick tubes. Water gets in the engine or trans and no snorkel or vent tube will help you! got to step back and look at big picture. The alts on these do not like water , then there is the power steering pump. just a few more thing to work on none of them like water/mud! :driver:I build mud trucks and trust me if water/mud can get in a destroy something it will find the way in!!

jdeoliveira74

All the talk about snorkels and vent tubes and nobody ever talks about the dip stick tubes. Water gets in the engine or trans and no snorkel or vent tube will help you! got to step back and look at big picture. The alts on these do not like water , then there is the power steering pump. just a few more thing to work on none of them like water/mud! :driver:I build mud trucks and trust me if water/mud can get in a destroy something it will find the way in!!
I agree for me it was more of a just in case situation not for hanging out in the water.. Bug out in case of emergency type stuff

kassim503

For the trans get a dipstick stick from a 90's gm ck pickup, they are red on top and lock. you will have to scratch your own level into it, its a 1/4 inch off +- but works well.

A

A/C Cages

We use modeling clay and seal all the tube dipsticks and also use it to cover the battery terminals too. The electrical is all sealed and the Alt is sitting with a plastic box over it. So while its in the water the Alt is in the under the box in a air bubble.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks